Why is it OK for the guy to be ugly and not the girl?

i really don't see couples where the guy is better looking then the girl. why is it always the girl better looking then the guy?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think your putting too much thought in attraction and who other people are attracted to. Odds are they are with the person for a reason and they really like the person so why does it matter. I see really attractive girls with just average looking guys... I hate using the word ugly, ugly is something you really have to try for by really just not taking care of yourself or not caring about yourself at all, its also a word that can crush people. I also see attractive guys with average looking girls or what people consider average looking, do either bother me or make me think, not at all. If they look happy who cares, I'm truly happy for them.

What Guys Said 14

• yeah.. I see this most of the time too . but I think , that's because girls are less "Visual" and more "Emotional creatures" compared to the guys . they usually see confidence , personality, sense of humor , how much a guy care about her,etc in men and they aren't picky like men when it comes to Looks. so that ugly guy we mentioned may have many nice qualities other than looks compared to the attractive looking guy ,you know :)

and yeah there are exceptions in girls also, who just run after Bad boys, guys with high financial status or who're socially popular.

:)

• Because most guys are ugly as sh*t and look like apes, so women just find the one with the most money and learn how to fake orgasms.

• link because of this option

• This is true as I always I seen girls going out with better looking guys. BUT then again it is false, because when I asked my friends they each have different opinions. It's all in the eye of the beholder.

I seen extremely looking girls that can't get a date for the life of it lol. I knew this ugly girl that was going out with pretty boys constantly and I say I would never touch her with a 10 foot pole. Just take a closer look.

• Usually the guy is the bread-winner. The girl who goes for the unattractive guys are usually the girls who are looks only and nothing else.

• I honestly always see the guy being better looking than the girl.

• It isn't. Example: Every relationship I've ever been in.

• Alot people said I could of done better when I was with an EX haha.

• i see couples where the guy is the better looking one quite often

• i don't think it's okay for either to be ugly

• because guys need to do other more important stuff and don't have time to do their hair and eyebrows like girls who obsess over their looks do.

• Because guys are too visual and are less prone to being with someone they find unattractive.

• That's because girls hide behind make up. Let's be honest here. You ladies aren't THAT attractive. You just try to cover up your flaws and it's not limited to make up. We do not have that luxury, do we?

• so if we ladies aren't attractive why...be with us

• yeah we do but a lot of women don't wear make up. or only wear a light base that makes them look the same it just cover up a little blemish and scars..

• A lot of women don't wear make up? Where exactly do you live anyway? lol

Even so, it's still covering up flaws. Again, we don't have that luxury.

• thats not true

• how often do you see a relationship where the guy is better looking then the girl

What Girls Said 7

• My boyfriend is better looking than I am. That's my opinion, anyway. He's the one with the blue eyes and the toned muscles, not me.

• I think it depends on the couple - for some reason I always see couples that are very different in terms of level of attractiveness. It's either the guy or girl who is more attractive hmm...I guess it's true that girls can wear makeup to look better, but guys can also improve their look with clothes and hairstyle!

• The peer pressure !

Us girls we don't care if our BFF is dating an unattractive guy as long as he treats her well and they like each other.

Boys : "Duuuuuude your chick is f***ing hot, with this breasts size, I bet her brain didn't grow ! Ahahahahahahah"

• Trust me, I've see nthe hottest guys with not so hot girlfriends. I want to go up to the guys and offer them eyeglasses.

• My partner is better looking than me. I am average.

• lol why put yourself down like that

• Hahahha. Not putting myself down. I don't look bad, just that he looks even better lol. Many have told me that he is handsome.

• not true.

• i didn't say they couldn't

• Sorry. Sounded like that's exactly what you were saying.

"Why is it OK for the guy to be ugly and not the girl? ".

• maybe you just have an incredibly high standard of what an attractive guy looks like.

often I see couples where both are attractive.

sometimes the guy is more attractive and sometimes the girl is more attractive.

sometimes they both are average looking.

• no my standars are not that high.

its just I see couples that look like this

link

• haha you must be exaggerating just a little bit. sometimes I see that but its definitely not *most* couples I see