Hair loss - food and stress?

Is there correlation between mild hair lost and stress? And/or eating less than before?

I noticed that last two days after I shower, a bit more hair lost than before. I am usually calm, but lately my stress level escalated due to circumstances. I am eating, but a bit less than before.

Do you think that's the cause of my hair lost?

Most Helpful Guy

• Start taking vitamin E every night before bed and up your protein intake.

I know that a friend of my cousin tried going vegetarian.(because its a fad and all) She did it for about 2 years and started getting hair loss, She was like 17 at the time. Long story short she went to the doctor and he determed that it was because she had such low levels of protein in her body.

Stress may also be a factor so try and wind down and do something that will get your stress levels down. Go for a run or listen to music and have tea. Whatever you fancy.

• I just had a nice dinner. Food intake I am pretty good with my diet. Lots of proteins and vegs. I def. need to get pass this problem that is stressing me out. Tks. for the suggestions.

What Guys Said 2

• yes, stress causes hair loss. both emotional and physical stress have been associated with hair loss.

• Yes, there definitely is a correlation.

What Girls Said 4

• Stress definitely can play a roll in hair loss as well as not eating. Stress can make you skip a hair growth cycle as well which can make your ahir even thinner. You need to start taking care of yourself. Even if you don't eat much start eating protein and maybe consider a supplement (of course only after speaking with a physician) Biotin has been known to help with minimizing hair loss during stressful times.

• Thank you . It was a few strand more, since I pay attention, I noticed. Say I used to lose 10 yesterday and today I lost 20 . I do eat, just a bit less than before. Prob more from being stressed.

• Many vitamins and minerals help hair growth, but specifically there are some stronger options than Vitamin E as studies show. It may be easier to buy a specific hair growth supplement that includes more than one specific thing. You should research Reloxe and other products that get results.

• Yes, both can affect your hair growth. You'd better relax yourself and eating fruit might help.

• Could be stress, depression or anxiety.

Research the symptoms for each one in google.

Hope it helps.