Why do people stress so much about what they wear?

I never really understood this. Of course there are tops and pants that can look more flattering, you've got different colors, and styles. Fashion can be fun. But, I mean what's the significance of looking great in clothing? You can't leave the house unless you're dressed proper enough. My mom has a different outfit for when she is in and for when she is out of the house. And it's not much of a difference. No one will really care. People don't really look at you. Some people spend a lot of time on the way that they look. I'm not trying to be offensive. I'm just trying to understand. Personally, I like to present myself nicely but I won't go out of my way too much. The only reason I stressed about the way I looked in the past was to appear pretty for my boyfriend, who already thought I was pretty, but if the day was special for us. I just wanted to. I guess I am being a little hypocritical because I do like to present myself nicely. But its more of a hygienic, feel good about myself kind of thing. Clothing brands and labels, never understood that either. I have preferences in clothing but I don't pick them out because of the brand. I couldn't care less about the brand. I don't spend so much time picking out what to wear or make a fuss about not looking good enough to go out. I have cared about the way I look and receiving compliments is always nice. But, why do you stress about what you wear? :P

Most Helpful Girl

• I love to look decent when I am leaving my home. Whether we like it or not this world is all about appearance. By the way we look or dress we will be judged.

Also, you never know who you may meet or bump in to. You don't want to look like you have let yourself go. Someones appearance says a lot.

What Guys Said 4

• Well I look good for myself. Some people wait once or twice a year to get the feeling where you look in the mirror and go "Damn! I am one sexy creature", usually for weddings or formal events. I say why not feel like that every time you look in the mirror?

Thats why I like to wear nice stuff. For me.

• It's your own personal image to maintain. Some feel clothes keep that going, others think different things. Some care, some don't. Who knows.

• because they are dumb

• I don't really get it either. I'm always dressed in just a plain white shirt and throw on a hat. I'm a manly man I guess and don't really dress up like michael jackson like most guys do (lol) to get attention.

What Girls Said 4

• Personally I just like to look good and find any excuse to dress up. But I also think , you never know who you might meet, and first impressions tend to stick unless proven otherwise.

• People treat you differently depending on how much effort it looks you put into looking the way you do

• I just like to look good it makes me happpy

• Some people express themselves through clothes