Is it possible to be considered pretty by gils' view but not guys?

i receive many compliments from girls or but I don't get that much from guys, as sometimes I feel I'm not attractive at all. but based on other women opinion I'm attractive and pretty...so is it possible to be attractive by women's view point but not be that attractive on men's scale?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes. When Emma Watson butchered her hair making her look like a 12 year old boy, women that she looked cute. I don't know any guys that thought the same thing. Also women often lie to their ugly female friends in order to be nice.

That may not be the case. It is not as acceptable for a guy to compliment a girl in today society. If we do, we are seen as perverts. So we have to be careful as to who, and how we compliment a girl. If I even tell a girl she has nice hair, then it is automatically assumed I am hitting on her. So the reason you are not getting as many compliments from guys, may be that they don't feel comfortable complimenting you.

What Guys Said 7

• two reasons I can think of right away:

one is that since you're a girl and they're girls, its easy for them to compliment you without it being awkward. but with guys, we generally don't feel right just coming out and telling a girl she's pretty for no apparent reason. especially since girls usually take it the wrong way.

another is that they could be lying to make you feel better and they don't actually think you're that pretty. girls lie to protect people's feelings a lot more than guys do.

• Of course women focus more on whether a woman is wearing fashionable clothes, if her hairstyle is trendy, and her smile. Many guys don't even see the clothes or the smile; they're too busy thinking what she looks like without the clothes!

• Lots of girls admire models, more often then not they aren't attractive to guys

• Yes. Julia Roberts is a perfect example. Every girl thinks that she's gorgeous and that all guys want her, but most guys don't really think she's that hot.

• Hell yeah it is!

I have seen it a lot on this site especially

• Ive seen it come from this site yes.

• Yeah, girls are more nicer with compliments than guys often times.

What Girls Said 9

• At the risk of sounding like a bitch I must say that women will always compliment other women even if they aren't all that pretty.

• yes.

• I think guys and girls have different opinions on what pretty is. So I think its possible for girls to think you are pretty and guys think you are average.

• Yes

Girls and guys view beauty in a different manner. Typically, what's pretty to girls is usually unattractive or plain to guys. What's pretty to guys is typically "fake" and "slutty"(in a jealous females perspective)

• Yeah you can be girl-pretty but not guy-pretty.

• Ya it happens a lot or the other way around where girls think another girl is ugly but guys seem to be all over her

• Ya have you forgot about lezbos

• Yes and I hate it when female friens say 'why don't you have a boyfriend you're so pretty' none of my guy friends ever say that!

• Possible. I've gotten the same at times. I'm very tall and thin, great if you want to be a model, not so great if you want a date.