Dying my hair, tips?

I need some advice. I'm considering dying my hair an auburn color (my hair is brown but not too dark). what's the best way to do it? My friend is telling me to bleach my hair first which I'd rather not do. What brand of dye should I use? Any advice would be great.

Most Helpful Girl

• WHAT EVER YOU DO, DO NOT USE BLEACH AND BLEACH YOUR HAIR, NO NEED. TRUST ME! and honestly just get some herbal essenses conditioner for after you condition and dye your hair, use frutics hair dye, don't go light or it will turn even lighterm go only a hint lighter than dark auborn, start from tips to roots, don't focus too much on the roots, but make sure they are well in tact with the hair dye, if it doesn't look natural it doesn't look good. and after you use the hair dye and given conditioner in the box wait about 4 hours and use herbal essances conditioner, which has good nutrients in it for your hair so it will hydrate it and keep from turning your hair to where it looks fried, on the hair dye box it might say something like keep in hair for 30- 45 min. don't keep it in for only 27. min. no matter what color or brand. TRUST ME.hair dye is trickey. I've been using it for years, and acctually have dyed some friends hair myself too. Don't apply too much if your just doing the tips. that will split your hair ends and fry it. use only a bit to where it looks almost damp, and well, yeah, do that and you'll be fine.

• like I said I really really don't wanna bleach

What Girls Said 5

• Garnier makes a variety of auburn dyes that are designed for darker hair; they work great!

• If the color you're trying to get is darker you should just use a semi permanet hair color otherwise use a permanent hair color box..they have special ones for guys but I've never used it or know anyone so I recommend Garnier.if you use bleach it'd be a orangish reddish color then you'd really need to use a semi permanent to get the right shade.

• Try Revlon color silk

• No you don't need to bleach at all just an at home hair color box, try the lo'real paris ferria collection for auburn...and choose best answer..maybe a friend or girlfriend can apply the color

• Have a professional do it, I am a licensed Cosmetologist and chances are if you do it yourself and mess it up you will have to go to a professional who will then have to strip and/or bleach it to correct the color.

It depends on the porosity, as well as the exact shade you hair currently is and the exact shade you want your hair to be.

Color lines come with different base lines, either blue, green, red, gold.

If you pick something with a base line of gold and your natural hair tends to pull red you could end up with brassy orange hair.

• how much would a salon do it for? I'm leaning towards a darker shade, orange-y is not what I'm going for.

• Prices vary, you could call some salons, generally guys color only take 10 mins. Hair Cuttery and Fantastic Sams do color as well.

What Guys Said 0