Does curly hair take longer to grow than straight??

I have very curly hair like this link

I've noticed that my friends' with straight hair happen to grow long hair faster. Or maybe it's because I don straighten my hair as often any more and can't see the progress.

So does straight hair grow faster?

Most Helpful Girl

• No

However, curly hair tends to shrink and we typically only see major progress when we straighten our hair. That's why guys like straight hair better, because it's longer in it's natural or natural looking state.

It grows the same and has nothing to do with race, ethnicity or hair type. Also, some people's hair grows slower than others. Typically, hair grows about half an inch per month, but for others it's more or less

What Guys Said 3

• You have hair like that? Awesome!

I don't know if it grows faster, but curly hair may have a shorter apparent length, because of the curls, so it may appear to grow slower.

Also, individuals very in the rate their hair grows, your friends may just be inclined to grow hair faster.

• No. Not at all. It is just easy to see how much faster straight hair grows.

• No it is just harder to see the growth progression with curly hair

What Girls Said 5

• it doesn't take it longer to grown but since its curly it might seem like it never grows cause it gets curled up.

• Ya it seems like that but if you flat iron your hair every month u'll c its grown

• Nope, When curly hair grows it has to grow longer(time) to look as long as straight hair.

• Yeah we use more heat and products that stunts the growth

• Yeah seems like it because straight hair isn't coiled up