Would you get yourself ready even when there are no guys to impress?

Straight girls: if you're going somewhere where there are no guys to impress, such somewhere where there would be just girls or just no guys whom you care to attract [significant age difference, etc.] will you still put on make-up, do your hair, and dress decently? assuming you have plenty of time for all that.

I'm now going to an all-girls Bible study and I'm still going to do all that.

• Yes
  • No
  • Other/it depends [please explain]
it was a toughie but ironically I chose the one guy's answer as the best one. true, you could unexpectedly run into a cute guy and some girls try their best to look the best around even with no guys to impress [hey that rhymes!], but...
this question was to see what girls try to look good for the general public, not just for attracting guys.

Most Helpful Guy

• its probably good, just to present yourself well, if you walk in, looking like a slob, people are gonna get the wrong impression of you, especially when interviewing for a job

• I feel proud I got best answer, makes me feel like people can go to me for advice, even if I am having troubles of my own

What Guys Said 1

• It's always worth dressing up, even if the occasion doesn't exactly call for it. Being well dressed, sends off the factors of being confident and having self-respect.

What Girls Said 14

• Yes, you never know who you're going to run into. I probably wouldn't do my hair or put my make up on, but I would make sure that I don't look like a homeless person. lol. And even if you're just with girls, you know there are "invisible" competition just between girls. And good apperence can boost your confidence.

• True, sometimes - though not as often anymore - I would make myself look half-decent if I were going out just to buy something by myself. I would put my hair in a ponytail and maybe put blush and lipgloss and jeans and a t-shirt on but not much else.

• I would make it a point to look decent. I don't dress for the sole purpose of impressing guys, so I probably wouldn't question it too much. You still want to look presentable either way.

Have you ever been to a baby shower? Tons of women, all well-dressed.

• I look good with or without make up. My hair? It is what it is. I don't go out of my way to get all dolled up when there are guys there.

• Hmm...good question. I probably would though. Girls like to make other girls jealous, that's just how we are haha. I probably wouldn't do as much if I knew there weren't going to be guys there, but I would still do my hair and makeup and stuff.

• And good answer; though I'm not into making other girls jealous, but instead just present a good physical image of myself and it makes me feel good knowing that I tried to look good.

• Yeah I guess it doesn't really matter who's there, but it's always good to look presentable. I just thought to reference that unspoken competition between girls. It's quite amusing actually. My roommate was going on and on today about how this girl always does her hair and makeup and wears a dress and heels to our 8am class. I was thinking "who cares? She either likes the male attention or she just feels comfortable that way." It really got to her though, haha.

• Um ya sure! I love looking good and making myself look good. So if I'm just going out, I'll put on make-up and have fun with my hair etc, but I won't spend as much time getting ready then if I was going on a date... :)

• Yeah. I would. Why not? I like looking at my cute self in the mirror everyday and it doesn't hurt to boost my self confidence a little by looking good. I don't dress revealing and make up is no big deal.

I honestly don't care if guys notice or not. I don't care if I'm with a guy or not. It just shows I take care of myself.

After my ex-bf abused me or whatever, I well did feel like crap but it doesn't mean I have to look it. so looks to me are somewhat important to maintain, whenever I can.

• yea you never know who you run into

• True, but I mean when you're absolutely sure that you won't run into any guy whom you care to attract like I did tonight. The only guys whom I saw tonight were my dad and the husband of the group leader.

• Hmmn I guess I wouldn't care much then like when I come home and my dads there I can wear my pjs and wash my makeup off and I'm liek whatever he's my dad or my brother lol family is family, but if I'm leaving the house to run an errand or something, ill try to at least make myself look acceptable and presentable a tad, not necessarily for a guy, but for myself. I thnk you should always dress up for yourself, makes you feel better and uplfted

• I voted C-sometimes I really can't be bothered to dress nicely and other times if me and my girl friends are going somewhere where you don't need to get dressed up then I won't be bothered with all that. The only times I get dressed up is going for a night out and I do that for myself not for guys to notice.

• i said yes, I like to look good no matter what the company.

but I do put in a lot more effort when I'm wanting to impress someone.

• I would definitely dress up. When I take time to look nice and present myself well I feel good about myself and shows I take pride in myself.

• i look good for the public, I don't like going out without a shower and without my hair looking nice:]

• Yeap I'd still do it.

1. Girls are always in competition with each other.

2. You never know where the night could take you or who you could run in to.

3. I makes me feel good about myself.

4. Always make the best out of what you got.

The only thing I may do differently is maybe wear slightly more comfy clothes, but still good clothes.

• Yes! I think girls mainly dress up, because of other girls. Girls are always competing with each other and looking good makes you feel better about yourself, so why not? Plus, you never know who you might see.

• Yes. You never know who you might see and you should look good for yourself not just for guys. Never look slobby no matter who you are going to be around, but you don't have to show cleavage