Has this ever happened to anyone else?

Have you ever met someone who at first glance you found them completely unattractive, but the more you got to know the more appealing they became? and could a relationship work where there was no physical attraction only emotional?

Most Helpful Guy

• Realistically, there needs to be some level of phyical attraction, even just a little, if the relationship is going to last. The other person just has to do it for you in some way. Not saying you need supermodels/olympic athlete types, but you at least have to like looking at the person. That said, any good relationship also needs more than just physical attraction, and sounds like you got the rest.

Assuming you can't find anything physically attractive about the person, I'd hold off on the relationship. You can try to fake it, and I've heard of cases where people faked it until they made it.

What Guys Said 2

• Yes and yes

• I had a friend in school who was new, and I didn't give her much attention, but then we gradually got closer somehow, and I thought she was very nice to look at. So it's possible.

What Girls Said 4

• Yep. Rather common for me. I need to get to know someone before they become attractive to me in most cases. Emotional attraction can lead to physical attraction. I felt nothing for my ex, in terms of physical attraction, the first month but gradually that improved. Plus looks fade over time, how a person makes you feel doesn't. Beauty comes from within after all.

• no. never. ever. no.

• Never happened to me. I know I could not make a relationship work if I am not physically attracted to a guy.I would feel like I was just leading him and going to hurt him in the end. I assume he would feel the same way.

• There's this boy from university. He's not physically attractive, but there's something about him that I started being attracted to him. I don't know why because we don't talk much. We have nothing in common, so I won't persue it. I'm happy as friends.

It's nice to think that we can fall fall for people regardless of their looks though.

• This is happening to me, OK so he's not ugly, he's alright looking but not the kind I all for. But ever since we started talking I'm kinda attracted towards him. It's weird cause he's one person who really understands me and even though I wasn't physically attracted towards him, but I am now( that makes any sense). I think it might work! Good luck!

• I think that's a good sign. My first boyfriend is good looking, but not my type. However, we fell for each other and for me, it had nothing to do with appearances. We were with each other for six years, until we both changed. We're still friends though.

I think if you persue that boy, your relationship will stand a better chance. It will make you more likely to love him.