What so odd about wearing all black and how often do you do it?

I can never wear all black without someone questioning me about it so I force myself to change it up. Why do I always get questioned what's so different about it

Most Helpful Girl

• Seeing color always brightens up my day..can I have best answer?

What Girls Said 7

• I've dressed in almost all black since I was 12. Some guys don't like it and complain because they like girls who are more "preppy" and wear brighter colors, but that's just not me. I love the color black. It's simple and casual, yet still elegant somehow. Black just suits the kind of person I am, and I love wearing band t-shirts - most of which come in black. But I still have a few nice blouses anyway.

I won't change my dress style for anyone, because it's part of who I am. I spent too much of my childhood doing that, trying to make myself into something that would be accepted, and I regret that. But now that I know who I am, if a person can't accept me the way I dress - that's their problem.

• I wear all black for performances... and I guess I've worn all black casually a few times, but I feel like it has to be quite casual to work in a way that won't cause confusion or questioning haha. Wear what you want, though.

• Black is associated with sadness.

I personally like the color black, and wear a full black outfit, sometimes. Superstitions don't stop me from my black.

• Black is also symbolic for power and mystery; two of my fave shirts I wear when chatting up ladies on the weekend are black. Plus I think its good to wear a color that is close to your own hair color.

• I wear all black when I don't want to try talk to girls and it slims you down, I think it could also shows how deep you are like a poet

• Nothing id just assume he's goth

• i love wearing all black. but you're right, people always comment on it. I think it's worse when guys wear all black because they seem goth or emo or whatever silly term you can think of.

• Its not friendly to apporach I assume he's dark andu sinister

• im sure I look more depressed than evil

• Well I have a genuinely deppressed persona so its the uppity girls who actually try to talk to me (:

• O good I'm shy so I like those social people too..id ask sometimes if everything is OK but I don't want to upset the guy because its a total stranger plus I hate it when people ask me that and I'm fine but I lookk sad

• It makes you seem sad/mad and he's probably not a Christian

What Guys Said 4

• I look good in black, so I don't listen to criticism about it. People need to accept other people's style choices unless they are clearly disastrous, and what's so bad about black? Yes people might think you're a goth but if you don't fit that image otherwise, why worry?

• I think not fitting that image is why I worry

• Either ignore the remarks other people make, or ask them why they don't like black! I bet they can't give you a reason.

• I see it as what kind of clothes you are wearing that are black. Because there are ways to dress all in black and nobody will comment on it just because the clothes aren't really oriented towards being sad or emo and that kind of stuff. you have to find a style that looks good and not like emo people...unless you wear black all the time, then I can see why people comment

• usually head to toe, I always have to wear my beanie

• You'll look like a goth / emo, or a pretentious performing arts student / Andy Warhol wannabe, etc.

• black is cool, just look at Johnny Cash