Do you relate style and looks to shyness?

If someone is always dressed up and stands out with his/her style. Would you assume they are less shy because they have the confidence to dress different?

0|0
3|6

Most Helpful Guy

• yeah if you aren't confident you will try to wear clothes that make you fit in with everyone else

wearing things that are out of place like if I walked outside wearing a turtle outfit would require a lot more confidence (with a bit of craziness)

1|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 5

• Gah. You can be shy and confident. You can be talkative and not confident. The two are not related.

That being said, shy people often don't give a damn about most 'fashion' and wear whatever they want.

5|0
    0|1
  • Nope. I don't relate the two at all.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know

I never really thought about it.

But now that I think about it:

When I dressed up for school; I would get more positive feed back from the ladies and plus it looks good when you see the opposite gender dressed nicely.

The thing is someone can't dress up with a mean look, bad posture, and generally feel un-confident.

The whole thing has to go together. Everything in moderation

0|0
    0|0
  • Not necessarily. Some shy people dress up purposely so that they will get noticed, and people will approach them.

0|0
    1|0
  • if someone is always dressed up and stands out with his/her style, he/she's insecure. dressing up = covering up insecurities. x only buys expensive “designer brand” clothes to make herself look like a big shot, but inside she knows she's just a insecure little girl.

1|0
    1|0

What Girls Said 3

• no,because I know myself. I wear a lot of crazy clothes (joker crazy,not bikini level coverage crazy) and while I am confident (as in,i'm fine with the way I look,and I don't feel uncomfortable in my body) I am extremely shy. so no.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I would. Even if they weren't very talkative, I'd still consider them confident.

0|0
    0|1
  • Nope.

0|0
    0|0