Why do a lot of women made a big deal out of eyelashes?

I never really noticed eyelashes until I had a child. My son has one of the biggest lashes I have ever seen on a kid and grown women go crazy over them! They make a big deal that he has such large eyelashes.

I even notice that a lot of women take buying themselves false lashes very seriously. Why are lashes so appealing women? Please let me know.

*Why do a lot of women make a big deal out of eyelashes? (correction).

Most Helpful Guy

• I get told that a lot,

maybe it's because having 'nice eyes' is a good trait to have and since they

can't customize their eyes, they use eye liner, shadow or false lashes which makes their eyes stand out

I really like big eyelashes on a girl(don't know why)

but I dislike false lashes

• Well, I think eyes are separate from lashes. You can have nice eyes without having lashes that stand out.

• Okay it makes sense It makes eyes stand out more? Honestly, I've never noticed lashes until after my son was born. I'm usually concentrating on other facial features that are more prominent to me.

• Yeah, everybody's different

like I'm an ass guy who really couldn't care for boobs

and then there's people who think the exact opposite

What Guys Said 6

• I'm sure some movie star has naturallly long eyelashes and they all want to look like her..

• I think eyelashes highlight the color and shape of a woman eyes. However, I'm not a fan of fake eyelashes because it makes a woman''s appearance look artificial, and implies the effort that is needed to make her look a certain way.

• I looked at my eye lashes in the mirror this morning and I noticed if I hold my eyes all the way open they almost touch my eyebrows..

I never understood why women would care so much about them on men but I'm thinking about trimming mine soon..

It sucks when it lands in the corner of your eye... Just as I was backing out of my parking space I ended up having to pull over to get it out.

• People make a big deal out of anything that is uncommon or out of the ordinary.

Blue eyes on a white person isn't as amazing as blue eyes on a Black or Indian person, for example.

I don't care for big eye lashes, but I am a sucker for pretty shaped eyes. :)

• i used to get compliments on my eyelashes and eyes a lot as a kid too. I think women generally want thinking eyelashes, that's why they use fake ones and put that gunk in them.

• you know I never knew it either

I always wondered why girls would wear fake eyelashes

What Girls Said 10

• Why do a lot of women make a big deal out of eyelashes?

Likely many find it an attractive trait to have as it highlights the eyes and can make someone look younger.

Why are lashes so appealing women?

Most likely because it's appealing to men as long thick eyelashes suggest youth/beauty/fertility and women want to appeal to the men they want.

• Because they can make someone's eyes "pop out" more, it looks elegant I think. Unless it's fake eyelashes in the shape of godknowswhat and with neonyellow and pink...

It's hard to explain but I think eyelashes are a really important feature ^^

• It maes you notice the eyes more

• we all want perfect lashes cause it gives you a completly different look.

• Because it adds beauty and gives appeal on the beholder.

• They make you prettier.

• mmm? eyelashes? no, some people need to go a longer way to achieve beauty.

• I think long and false eyelashes are creepy (>.>)

• Ya on guys its a stand out

• Have no idea. Maybe since it gets thinner with age

• they just make the eyes look pretty and more intensified and defined without too much makeup they are also associated with femininity. out of all my makeup products I am most picky about mascara and concealer.