Girls, how do you maintain your hair?

What do you do to keep it healthy? Short or long hair? Color? Hair type? Do you like your hair? Any extensions or weave, why or why not?

Most Helpful Girl

• Every two weeks, I deep condition it with coconut oil.

I have long brown hair, so I take my precious time to make it look good. (It's black on the roots and the rest is brown, auburn almost.)

Hair type - Soft, thick hair. It's silky on somedays.

I f***ing love my hair, it's my security blanket. If I were to cut it again, there goes part of my personality. The last time, I cut my hair. I donated my hair to 'Lots of Love'.

No extensions or weave. I have no need for them. My hair grows rather fast.

What Girls Said 26

• I wash and condition it once a day or every other day, depending on the weather. I wash it more when it's hot out because the high humidity makes me sweat and it just builds up. I use sulfate free shampoos and conditioners. Once every week or two, I use a leave-in henna and placenta treatment or an olive oil and avocado 'mask' for an hour that then gets rinsed out. My hair is medium length I guess, just past my collarbones, and curly. The texture is fine, but I have a lot of it, so it's also pretty thick. It frizzes really easily in high humidity or if I touch it too much when it's drying. I only brush it BEFORE I shower to get out any tangles, never any other time because if dry, it frizzes out, and if wet, I lose a lot of curl as it dries. So I brush, then wash and condition, wring out and towel dry, then part to the side and let it continue drying naturally, and it usually dries in ringlets if I don't mess with it. As for color, I've done literally everything, but right now it's my natural color. Like a light golden brown, as shown in my display picture.

• I probably don't do anywhere near enough to keep my hair healthy but it doesn't seem to be in bad condition.

I tend to wash it every other day.

I don't get it cut anywhere near often enough because I'm trying to save money and every time I go to trim it myself I chicken out. God knows why because I used to cut and style my hair myself all the time.

I have fairly long hair - not as long as it used to be sadly. Sort of mid back. Brown naturally with it dyed a lighter blond color towards the tips - but that's mostly all been cut off now - only about 3 or 4 inches or it left.

I use heat on it way too much as well. Blow drying and curling it.

So I do nothing right in terms of maintaining it - but it seems healthy enough and I'm happy enough with it - most people seem to like my hair.

• Girls, how do you maintain your hair?

Moisturize daily with a mix of aloe vera gel, avocado/coconut/olive oil, and shea butter.

Shampoo, henna, and condition weekly.

What do you do to keep it healthy?

Natural moisturizer, low-sulfate shampoo, silicone-free conditioner.

Short or long hair? Long hair.

Color? Chestnut

Hair type? Curly often mistaked for wavy as the curls as loose.

Do you like your hair? Yes it's soft, smooth, silky, and shiny.

Any extensions or weave, why or why not?

No extensions or weaves because it'd be costly to me if I wanted to cover my hair as it's hip length and I don't want short extensions as I think I have enough layers.

• I just wash it in the shower. It's shoulder length. And it varies. I dye it often. Usually it's blond (though it's been blue, green, purple, red, brown, black, white, and orange). My hair is naturally straight. And yes, I like it. And no waves or extensions. Why? because I don't need them. Or want them.

• i trim it every one or two weeks. (well, to keep the shape of my hair cut.)

i do treatments once a week. I also use this protein leave in conditioner to repair it. well I needed it more when my hair was like in my pictures. platinum hair is hard to maintain.

my hair is shorter now, and a copper brown. I really like my hair. its naturally black and thin. its soft. like my cat's hair. :D I don't know if my hair is straight or wavy. I think its inbetween.

i don't use extensions because my hair is too short for them. I never liked them anyway. (i've had them many times before) they are uncomfortable. plus, long hair doesn't look good on me. it makes me look like an old whore. I don't know why. I see a lot of girls with long hair and it looks nice but it doesn't look nice on me. I'm not sure why.

• I try to keep my locks clean and moisturized.

Shampoo and good conditioner, medium, brown/black-and some really old auburn highlights, curly but falls limpy straight, I like my hair :1 I mean it's mine and :) it's my 'crowning glory' so I take pride in it by keeping it healthy.

No weave or extensions, never got the urge.

• I have long, auburn hair and I looove it. I use red-tinted shampoo and conditioner and a coconut-oil serum to prevent breakage.

• What do you do to keep it healthy?

A: I'm chemical free(no dye/relaxer/texturizer) as well as heat free(no blow drying/flat ironing/curling). I have curly hair, so it's a big must to do as little to my hair as possible to avoid any damage or breakage.

I also use sulfate-free shampoos and conditioners & extra virgin coconut oil as my daily leave in conditioner as opposed to store bought products.

When I do flat iron my hair I go on heat protectant overload.

I also take a daily multivitamin, biotin supplements and fish oil supplements.

My diet is rich in omega 3 fatty acids and protein(for the most part).

Short or long hair?

A: When curly, it's about 2 inches past my shoulders; when straight, it's to my belly button. I actually flat ironed it last week so that I could take a picture and upload it for sorority recruitment registration

Color? Hair type?

A: Dark brown although I'm going to dye it black & curly

Do you like your hair?

A: It's taken a while to accept my hair because straight hair is less maintenance, but I've accepted it and deal with it. Of course, I'd prefer straight hair but since I can't change it permanently, no reason to wish or bitch about it

A: I've thought about extensions for my curly hair to give more length but I've not bought any or used any. Weaves are tacky and gross. Never used or worn either.

• What do you do to keep it healthy?

Wen, or HairOne shampoos which are sulfate-free and double as conditioners and leave in. They have hair masks I try to use weekly which work really, really well for my hair.

Short or long hair?

Long, about to the bottom of my rib cage.

Color?

Dark brown

Hair type?

So ungodly curly, I make sure I use heat protectors because I straighten it weekly.

Do you like your hair?

Yeah, I'm pretty happy. I've had it red, dirty blond, black and light brown and after my junior year of high school I tried really hard to get it to my natural color that it is now.

I wear extensions sometimes, they're fun and classy for weddings or going out. But if you wear them too much/to sleep, expect bald spots.

• every time I've gotten my hair trimmed, the hair dressers always tell me my hair is really healthy but honestly I'm not sure what I'm doing right lol

My hair is now almost to my lower back, but I need to get it dyed / trimmed again soon. My natural hair color is dark brown, but I've been dying it like a black cherry type of color, the correct name for the color would be reflective black auburn. It's dark, but it has like a reddish color in the light or sun. I like my hair, but it's really thick, so thick + long makes it more time consuming to wash, style, dye, etc. and sometimes it gets heavy and hurts my neck. But generally I do like my hair.

No extensions cause I don't need them lol I have enough hair

• I wash my hair every other day. I have long hair. I have blond hair but I want the under layers to be a light purple. :) I guess my hairs straight? I love my hair. No extensions or weave, ever. I don't like them I think its really fake. No offense to anybody out there who has extensions or a weave, I just don't like them. :)

• I use Virgin Olive Oil on my hair, not a lot but a quarter size amount, and run it through my hair from roots to tips, makes me hair so much lighter and less frizzy plus Olive Oil is super healthy for the hair!

Hair type: Naturally curly like giant Porcelain doll ringlet curls but I straighten it all the time

Color: Auburn Brown has a cherry red tint in it, super pretty in the sun =)

Do I like my hair? I love my hair! all my friends envy it XD

Short or long hair?: Long it reaches between my shoulder blades

No extensions or weaves I love the length its at!

• i have semi-long black hair. I wash it everyday, shampoo everyday, condition once a week. I know you aren't supposed to shampoo everyday...but I don't care lol. it's the summer, it's hot... I hate going to bed with hair that doesn't feel clean. anyways, I comb my hair in the shower using a really wide-toothed comb, helps detangle. then I dry it with a towel, and as it's air-drying, I'll keep combing it. once every 2 weeks, I'll rub coconut oil into my hair to keep it shiny and super black. I don't use extensions because my hair grows really fast anyways.

• I use this shampoo and conditioner called mane and tail, it's for horses but can be used for humans. I've been using it for about four months and initially bought it because I heard it grows your hair and I've had amazing results! My hairs longer and less frizzy and has been so healthy

• Of course, I do maintain my hair from keeping healthy and shiny all the time. I have long hair and I want to stay it longer, My hair is not really thick but I'm using some natural hair products that can maintain my hair longer, I used to maintain by Reloxe-Natural hair regrowth supplement and it's really working to make my hair got longer and smoother.

• I use a spray leave in conditioner , deep conditioner , and colored hair shampoo

It's medium length

Its light brown with blond highlights but they kinda faded

Some days I do

No extensions

• I wash my hair every 2 days, its a little above shoulder length, its brown with red highlights, its wavy, yes I like my hair, no weave or extension just real, natural hair mainly because I'm satisfied with it.

:)

• I have medium length but I probably should lay off the straightening

• Wash it weekly not daily

• I have spiral curls. One week I'll let it be its natural wild curliness and the next ill straighten it. I reccomend using It's a Ten products. It's literally a miracle for your hair.

• My hair is shoulder length with a few pieces added..I actually have the left whole side of my head entirely shaved towards the back. It's pretty dope, I love it^.^

• I love shaved hair so much uuuugh one day I might have the guts to do it.

• Haha oh yea :p it actually wasn't my idea, my mom kind of made me do it, which I resent her for-.- but hey, what can I say, I love it..it's easy, different, and easy to manage^_^ probably the best forced thing I've ever been made to do ha

• Black curly I leave it natural and use homemade products

• I have medium to long dark brownish/goldenish hair, trying to grow it out, so that it actually goes past my breasts. My hair has gotten really thin and brittle due to curling it daily with a iron and from dying my hair monthly, I'm trying to keep it healthy with hair masks and nutrient serums, and not trying to wash my hair so often.

My hair is so damaged and it has split ends :( and it gets incredibly frizzy on humid days...my work manager told me once that my hair resembled a poodle's hair on rainy days.

• -I like to use olive oil, and I've recently decided to try that new Pantene, shampoo & conditioner. I haven't bought it yet. Plan to soon.

- I'll skip this question, because I don't like to put myself in that category

- My hair type is wavy when it gets washed. Not really straight. To get it straight, I have to straighten it.

- Yes, I like my hair

- No extensions or weave. I don't really like the idea of having to wear those. Another persons hair on top of mine or "fake hair"? not really my thing. But if I have to do that in the future...maybe

• I use to wear weaves and extensions.. Now I wear lace fronts I mostly wear a little long or neck line.. I wear different styles as its a way to get different looks... I mostly wear dark brown.. and you don't have to constantly mess with your own hair this is a form of low maintence hair do's and I love the variety and so do men.. They never know what you're wearing anyway unless you tell them..

• i take very good care of it. my hair is really long and blond. yes I like it. I don't have extensions and I'll never get them because I like my hair to be real, not fake

What Guys Said 0