How to get rid of acne scars?

I have tiny ones on my cheeks! I can cover them up with makeup but you can see them in the sun I hate them it keeps on getting worst:( any home remedies that can help get rid of them?:(

Most Helpful Girl

• Lemon juice! Not only does it help get rid of any current acne you may have but it also helps with acne scars. You have to use it daily and it will take a couple of weeks to really see results. I use it at night and put it on a cottonball. If you have sensitive skin you will probably want to dilute the lemon juice because it does sting a little.

Some other options are creams that you buy to diminish scars(mederma and such), honey, ice cubes, vinegar. There are a lot of different home remedies that can help you get rid of acne scars. But I have never tried any of these so I cannot vouch for them.

link

• has lemon juice given you any good results?

• I have only been using it for a few days, but so far results have been good.

What Guys Said 4

• Skin exfoliation or gentle acid creams.

The idea behind non-deep scar removal is that you want to replace the skin at an equal rate as the surrounding skin.

Once our skin reaches it's adult period the process in which it replaces itself slows down drastically (because you're not growing anymore!) But if you're not willing to wait the years it will take to do it on it's on then thinning the skin through a light acid cream or causing it to exfoliate evenly will excel the speed at which it replaces itself but be done slowly enough so that it retains its natural look over the discoloration.

For deeper scars you cannot. The entire area is made a completely different way and there's no way to go back, yet!

• You might be able to get a skin graft I think it's what they do to people who get 2nd and 1st degree burns but you can ask a doctor if it can be done for acne scars or scars in general than find out how much it would cost.

here is a link with a big list of treatments but I don't think they are the over night kind.

link

• Lemon juice

• To get rid of acne scars, exfoliate the skin, use creams, see a dermatologist.

What Girls Said 8

• Egg whites and exfoliate.

• For just scars? Ask your dermatologist about a chemical peel. That's what I almost had done, it's supposed to help a lot

• about how much is for a chemical peel? and do you have to be 18 or older to get it done?

• No, I'm 17 and they were going to. But I had acne too, so I was put on meds instead. But I guess it would feel and look like a bad sunburn for a little bit.

• how much is it?

• Exfoilate

• Moisturizing lotion

• there's no way, all the things - natural or not - will just help you to get your skin better and fade the marks you may have, but can never make them vanish.

• proactiv skin care solution is really good

• Exfoiliate

• You can't really.. scar tissue is there to stay.