Why are lower back tattoos on girls called tramp stamp?

i kind of already know but I want to hear what other people think it means

Most Helpful Girl

• they weren't always considered slutty. Its just that in the recent decade they have been increasingly popular with young women (who happen to dress more revealing or who engage in lots of sexual activity). After a while, when so many girls who are considered 'tramps' have them, its started to be considered a sign that someone was a tramp. Another reason is that when you have a lower back tattoo, you have to wear belly tops to see them, so if people know you have one you have to be 'showing it off' by wearing very revealing shirts. Not to mention people who have lower back tattoos tend to not get anything meaningful, they tend to go for things that seem a little 'slutty'

link

link

link

What Guys Said 5

• Somebody came up with the nickname and now nobody gets them anymore. It's a shame.

• because its a humorous way to refer to a very cliche, unoriginal thing that most reasonably intelligent girls wouldn't do, given its permanent nature.

• Another word for Trash!

• They're called that because it's the stamp of a tramp,

• Is that what was on that hookers back the other night?

What Girls Said 6

• I'm guessing tramps would get stamped with a hot iron that has a design

• I had seen a guy on his motorcycle and you know how the backs of their shirts fly... this dude had a tramp stamp... I know he has had some grief over that tattoo decision lol

• This one guy I worked with had a hello Kitty tramp stamp -______-

• Because it's considered trashy. Why? I have no idea. Maybe because its right above your crack? Hmm.

• well for one it forces you to look right at the area above your bum.

• I'm guessing guys like to finish there

• It temps guys