Is it important for guys to wear fragrances (body spray / cologne) when going on a date?

Or does it not matter at all as long as you have good hygiene and have showered well beforehand and put on deodorant or something?

In a minute I'll also ask the same question except about girls and perfume. I would include it here, except there aren't enough poll options for that. I'll post the link to the question in an update.

• Guys should wear cologne or body spray when going on any date (casual or formal)
  • Guys only need to wear cologne or body spray when going on a more formal date (e.g. dinner)
  • Guys never need to wear cologne or body spray on any date (casual or formal)
  • Other / see results
Question about girls and perfume: link

Most Helpful Guy

• It's one of the first things women notice. And it just feels right.

What Girls Said 13

• Good hygiene is the most important thing. If you do wear a scent, you'd better have good taste, and don't put too much on. A cloud of terrible, cheap cologne smells way worse than no scent at all, and will likely be off-putting to your date.

• For a more formal date, its nice. Not really necessary though, as long as he as good hygiene. When you date farmers, you learn not to be too picky. Usually I'm happy if they hit the shower before we go out. Trust me, when you've been on a date that included cleaning out a dairy barn, cologne is the last thing on your mind!

• Oh my, lol.

• Yep. I can't be something I'm not. When you work 50-60 hours on a job that more your life than a job, you need someone that understands. Always fun when you see the guys you work with on a night out and they do a double take.

• Haha I guess so.

• I don't think it's necessary for guys to wear body spray or cologne when on a date, as long as they have good hygiene, however it makes the guy 10x more attractive when he smells good

• All I care about is him being clean. Nothing else.

But I do like it if I happen to catch his natural sent. (That is of course is not his perfume, nor sweat)

So I guess if he wore nothing or very little on our date, I'd appreciate it.

• It's really important to have good hygiene, but it's a plus if he's wearing cologne.

• lol AGREED. would'nt a girl wan't to be closer to the guy if he is wearing a good cologne ...i know I would.

• Not really I never think about it but its definaetly a plus

• I answered both but I don't think its that important

• I don't think they should if they're going to a public place. Some people have severe allergies. I think it's better to just be clean and scent free if possible.

• They should since its always a plus to smell good but if he doesn't smell like anything that's fine

• Some cologne that men wear is a hugh turn on.. I love it when men smell great it makes me want to attack them right where they stand...

• not really...as long as he smells fresh that's all that really matters...i'm not a fan of axe or whatever strong cologne is out there.

• I prefer them to wear cologne or whatever because I love a guy that smells good but its not necessary as long as they don't smell bad.

• It's a good gesture

What Guys Said 2

• I picked A even though I'm really in the Other category. Guys don't just need to smell good on dates, they should smell good at all times. Its very attractive when you meet a random women and she notices you smell good at the grocery store or in front of Starbucks. It means you keep fresh and that's important for women. Smelling good also implies good hygiene which women area also very picky about.

• Just do it in case you smell like sh*t lol