Is it important for girls to wear perfume when going on a date?

Or does it not matter as long as they have good hygiene and have showered well before the date?

This goes hand in hand with the question I just asked pertaining to guys and cologne / body spray. I would've made both questions part of the same question, but there weren't enough poll options. Here's the one about guys: link

• Girls should wear perfume when going on any date (casual or formal)
  • Girls only need to wear perfume when going on a more formal date (e.g. dinner)
  • Girls never need to wear perfume when going on any date (casual or formal)
  • Other / see results

Most Helpful Guy

• yeah they should...I guess depending on the formality of the date, if you guys were going to a bar and grill for example she might be able to get away with not wearing any as compared to if you guys were to go out for a fancy dinner. But in my opinion I'd like my girl to always smell good

What Girls Said 6

• Has long has the girl doesn't smell like a skunk, I'm sure the guy wouldn't mind whether she smelled great naturally or fragrance wise.

To answer your question,

No, its not important for a girl to wear perfume when going on a date. Has long has she has decent hygiene then she is okay.

• A lot of girls here do, but I don't because my hair products are scented and it'd probably be over kill. Perfume seems like a mandatory get-ready ritual

• I like it wear it when I go out because I like the smell plus sometimes I forget to wear dedorant

• I wear perfume everywhere I go. It's just part of my routine.

• I barely wear it and guys still get at me

• I usually don't wear it no wonder guys chang their mind

What Guys Said 4

• I like the way a woman smells. There is nothing wrong with a woman smelling like a woman.

• I certainly hope so

It shows they're making an effort

• I would have to say yes. A girl that wears a perfume that smells amazing is incredible. I love girls who wear intoxicating perfumes

• i don't think its important to but it would be nice