Why wear really short shorts and act pissed when someone looks?

I was at the car wash (public) this girl was wearing very short shorts and vac the car, All I could do is watch, needless to say my car wasn't getting clean. I looked away for a sec and back "Busted" she acted pissed and went to the other side. what's UP WITH THAT ? I started to drive around the other side but not.

Most Helpful Guy

• Not to say you aren't a decent guy or anything, but a lot of girls dress like that to get attention from the guys they want to get attention from. If they are getting attention from guys they don't want attention from (this is sometimes classed as negative attention) they will act disgusted. Either that, or they don't realize how they're dressing is having an effect on men.

• yes, in which they expect men to read their minds, which never is going to happen. :)

• In response, the shorts were shortttttt, I did not stare, but may have looked to offend. Who really knows why she choose those shorts. ( If shown ) I will look till the day I die.

• B'cuz girls and women in America, esp. California are so mean and rude. They dress indiscreetly, promiscuously. They are so sleazy, prudish and negligent of others.

What Girls Said 14

• Okay, so yes, I agree if you are wearing slut wear, don't get pissy that you are going to draw attention from all sorts of people, 90% of which you would never want to get naked with.

The caveat to this is that looking is one thing. Standing around staring like you are watching an adult video is another. That is all about your own self-respect. You will just look like a creeper to stand their and then actually follow her to the other side of her car to stare again. Face it, women can be wearing much less revealing clothing and still be worthy of a peek. In any case, extended staring is not cool.

• haha they're 'creepers' for staring at free eye candy. I must be a robber for taking free money.

• @Freetobe007, he says "very short shorts" and says she was vacuuming the car, which typically involves bending over. You don't know how a guy's mind works. Seeing a girl bending over in very short shorts is highly suggestive. So, hey, maybe you are a PC gal, but I am not. I call em like I see em. Very short shorts is not exactly something a demure or conservative girl is going to wear. Doesn't mean you are a slut dressing like that, but you will look like one.

• @Frostie, yes, if your gaze at a woman's body parts last longer than a second, you will look like a creeper. If you want to stare at bodies, isn't that what free internet p*rn is for...

• Ladies don't do this... Guys will look. What do you expect if you put it all out there? It is sad to say that when you dress a certain way there will be assumptions formulated whether you like it or not.

I see a lot of young girls doing this and it is sad. I saw a young girl today walking ahead of my car she was wearing short shorts and switching down the street, when she saw the car was full of females she stopped. Seeking attention. Smh.

There are other ways to be sexy and classy. When MOST girls do this it is for attention and they do get it. It's not always the attention they want though. Present yourself as most girls and expect to be seen as that. Present yourself as a woman, as a lady and you will be treated as such.

A Man can go to a strip club, hell even to a street corner and see skin. As a woman you're not giving yourself any good representation because you're leveling yourself to the "freebie" category.

• Amen! You're now my favorite gager. Why dress the part if you don't want the rep? There are shorts that keep you cool without showing your buttcheeks. I knew a guy once who referred to those chicks as masturbation material. Yes, all kinds if ugly and creepy are gonna get off on you later "freebies". Love that one!

• Some girls, unfortunately, dress for the attention but then get pissed when they actually notice guys looking.

Then again, she could just have dressed in super short shorts because she finds them comfortable. *shrug*

• So if a girl wears short shorts, it's all because she wants male attention? Girls who show a bit of skin aren't doing it for the style aspect, their own confidence, or because it's summer time but because they are just oh so eager to gt male attention?

• I didn't day that at all. Please stop being assuming and rude.

• She's just dumb. It's like flashing your t*ts at someone and then saying "ahem my eyes are up here!" If you want respect you first need to respect yourself.

• So if a girl wears short shorts or shows cleavage, she doesn't respect herself? Respecting yourself means acting like it's your responsibility to make sure that men don't behave like horny dogs in heat? Obviously the girl has some amount of respect for herself otherwise she would have had no problem with him staring at her like that

• You say you don't care, but yet you still rant on and on. And I wouldn't block you. I really hate when people do that.

• I'm not ranting. I was tying to get a point through to you.

• Because us girls shouldn't have to dress like a nun in order for many guys to not gawk at us like an Ethiopian child looking at a baconater! >:( She's probably used to guys staring at her in a way that makes her uncomfortable and damn it, I know how she feels!

There's a significant difference between a quick look and a long stare that makes you look like a disrespectful, horny little pig. She's probably like me and does not enjoy being stared at like a guy is doing all kinds of dirty little things with her in his head. It's not a compliment. It's f***ing disgusting! There's a heat wave; women should be able to show some skin *given that they don't look like a prostitute* without guys making them feel uncomfortable with their looks. Guys like that really make me appreciate guys who are respectful and considerate when checking you out instead of acting like it's attractive to have a guy give you lusty stares when it's not unless you're a prostitute and you want in his lap! hmph!

• Are you some feminist chick or some deal? I didn't say anything near offensive. What I said was merely true. If you don't want guys looking at you a certain way, fix something. If not, it is human nature and they will look. Guys are visual creatures..

• You're clearly not. What is this inane babble you throw at me?

"YOU DON'T TELL ME WHA TO DO." - I never did. I made a simple plea that you stop doing it, examples are all over this question, this being the latest - "If I am speaking to someone and you are not involved, then you don't get to come in the convo and interject and give me orders no matter what your opinion is."

As I've already stated, people can join and post whatever they wish on this site, as long as they're not breaking any...

• ...rules.

"I'm a grown adult who speaks freely as she wishes and you don't control what I say." - I've repeatedly stated you're free to voice your opinions, that is your right and I'd fight to uphold that.

"...I won't listen." - Yes, I understand this now. There is no reasoning with you. Your bigotry is indeed insurmountable. Go ahead and continue your immature histrionic outburst.

• No clue, a girl came in my job in a micro mini dress with her boobs out.she has a ton of make up on and her heels were at least 5 inches. When a coworker of mine was looking at her she got all offended muttered "perv" under her breath, attempted to pull her skanky dress down and left. Broads want attention from certan people I guess.

• No matter what, you're meant to keep on your manners, values and morals...no matter what...even if a girl shows some skin.

If not we go back to the old and crazy sentence saying "she was dressed like a s... so of course she wanted me...of course no I didn't rape her!".

I'm using an extreme example to prove my point here!

Please, let's try to all make efforts people!

• you wear short shorts for reason, so people can see how sexy your legs are and how good you're ass is, the whole point of them is to have people looking at you and getting sexual thoughts

• Lol...no. You're wrong about it.

• Maybe she didn't realize, it was the last pairs clean OR she wanted to be comfortable and was hoping there won't be any creepy guy at the car wash...

• Thank you! It's absolutely ridiculous how so many answerers are prepared to persecute this girl and judge her as wanting attention *yet clearly, she didn't want attention because she got mad when he looked at her*, yet they didn't even see her! wtf

• Yes, definitely! I agree!

• They guys made a point...but I only get upset if they touch or stare to the point I question if there is toilet paper hanging out the back of my shorts.

• Maybe it was just really hot? or she just liked it fashion wise, or those shorts just were comfortable,... Guys don't always have to think we'll dress like that to get guys looking at us! And I know it can be really annoying when they constantly do.

• THANK YOU! Finally, an answer from another female that is not completely judging and persecuting some total stranger whom they haven't met and didn't even get to see what shorts she had on!

• can't be there all the time. Man, that's really sad : ( are they that bold when you are walking with a guy?

• If one of them did that to my girl while I was in earshot I'd be tempted to knock him the f*** out :)

• Because they don't know how to dress to achieve the attention that they want.

• So every time a girl shows skin, it's for the sole purpose of getting male attention?

Not because there's a national record breaking heat wave.

Not because maybe she's accentuating an aspect of her body she feels confident about.

But because her purpose when she leaves the house is to get male attention?

• I gotcha. You are saying what I already said, just over and over again in more words.

• QA, every time I see your name, this song pops in my head. link

• Ignorance

• because we aren't meat plus she may have been married

What Guys Said 6

• In general people wear these skimpy clothes to be noticed by the guys/girls they are interested in. If they're not interested in you often they're offended...but it's pretty dumb in my opinion to react like that if attention is what they're looking for.

• not many of them are bright.

• That's not true. That is an egotstical, knowit all attitude for you to believe that if a gil wears SHORTS *because lets remember that you didn't see what she had on so you can't even say it was very revealing* then she wants attention. I don't know why tf so many guys ASSume that if a girl shows a bit of skin or wants to doll herself up that it's all because of men and she wants a man to approve of her or makeher feel beautiul. Don't be so self centered!

• Are you even reading what I'm writing? I'm not saying that EVERY girl that wears this has the same intentions. I even eluded to the fact that it could be for a million different reasons. I just believe that the majority of girls wearing skimpier clothing than normal do so to get attention. This does not reflection on your personal view on why you'd wear that kind of clothing because you don't need to be part of the majority.

• Many guys including me dislike short shorts on girls which are too revealing, provocative and promiscuous. They look trashy, wasted, rude, indiscreet and sleazy on those naughty, sexy-aggressive, offensive pairs of shorts.

As long as your clothes range from modest to slightly revealing/showing some tiny bit of skin, people are fine with it. Many are strict on this because they don't want their girl/daughter to witness and engage in sexiness, cleavage display, growl, coarse arrogance in their dressing, and shaking ass off for money. Today, we have a whole lot of promiscuous, prudish, negligent, sleazy women in our generation.. We should not be that cheap and we never can be that cheap. Many can afford to uphold their family with standards in their living and dressing. So, modesty, being genteel, graceful, decent, righteous, genuine, and discreet are of high quality and should be incorporated. You understand this more when you have to rear children properly for them to become good kids.

• Good question.

To be fair, I think girls are torn between what society expect of them (which is to dress more and more skanky these days) and what they want - which is for the weirdos to stay the f*ck away.

But you can't force only hot guys to check you out - in fact, you will probably be attracting the opposite kind of attention since hot guys will already have hot dates, and the bottom feeders will be checking out your short shorts.

So, you can't win. hahaha.

• I see both points of view. on one hand it's so annoying. if I was talking to a girl and dropped my pants, it would be expected that she's look. I wouldn't be right for accusing her of perversion for looking. on the other hand, we just have to suck it up and deal with it and pretend like we care about more than sex etc

• maybe she just wants the right guy to look lol

• and he will some how read minds.

• If she wants the right guy to look, she's gonna have to deal with all the wrong guys looking, too. Gotta know that ahead of time. It's not like she can put blinders on every guy except the one.

• Who knows? Sounds like that girl has absolutely no sense of cause & effect at all.

*Cuckoo sign*

• hence why you have things like the "slut walk"-real event.

• "Yep, do whatever you want, IDC. Just don't tell other people what to do." is not a simple plea; that's you trying to tell me what to do. Look;I don't care how entitled you think you are to but into other peple's conversations. You're not the boss of me and I will say what I please. Get over it.

• Idk why you keep pushing this pointless running your mouth. I'm not being immature; I'm just letting you know that I'll say what I'd like. Its none of your business. Get over it and move on with your life instead of stalking my answer.