Anyone have suggestions for running shoes for people with flat feet?

I have really flat feet and in the gym my arches cramp up really bad and I was wondering if you guys had any personal suggestions of some decent shoes, whatever the price.

thanks everyone for their suggestions, all taken into consideration :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Buy orthotics - insoles/inserts for flat feet and you can buy whatever shoes you want. My brother swears by them and does a lot of running(army boy). This might help link

What Girls Said 11

• Try New Balance ( I have flat feet) or look for some Dr. Scholls arch pain inserts ( they can be found at walmart and any other drug store).

• I have K Swiss Tubes. I love them. they are light weight and very flexible. they breathe too. I used to work at a shoe store so I knew all the good stuff. I sold a lot of pairs and even bought them myself. They are good for anything. Even hiking.

• Not sure maybe one with arches I think most come like that but some flat floots run barefoot

• Have to say I love your avatar, even as a complete dog lover it always makes me smile

• my coach swears by Brooks

• New balance & get orthothics.

• Go to the shoe store and ask because your location may have different shoes

• I think they all like some suuport but in Africa some are flat footed and run fast

• Any shoe is good since most have small arches

• shox?

• Go to a GOOD running store and have them watch you run on a treadmill with a webcam pointed at your feet. That's what I did and they were able to fit me for shoes that were perfect for me. Oh and I have flat feet and I over pronate. If you still have problems think about getting custom orthodics

• Sports Authority has these orthothics designed for flat footed people and you slip those in shoes you have and it really does help

What Guys Said 6

• I have really flat feet and I run in New Balance. The last pair I bought were these link and they have lasted me over 200 miles running and as an everyday shoe as well. They have just started to tear a little at the soles, but I can still run in them without any problems. Getting custom orthotics would proably be helpful as well.

• ill check em out, I went and tried a few pairs of asics on, I'm just not sure on what to get, if I'm spending like $150 on a pair of shoes I want ones that fit perfect

• I have the same trouble, only my feet are high arched and I need specialist shoes for running. I found this site that tells you what you need to know.

The white space in the orange box is a video.

link

• all shoes should be fine but what I see the difference is getting some inserts that are specifically designed for people such as yourself to cope with your flat footedness :)

• Go to a shoe store specialized for runners and they'll measure your feet and tell you if you're pronated or whatever and they'll sell you a pair of expensive sneakers that do help. I own a pair.

• Well, the footwear I have is new balance it works pretty well with my flat feet. I got mine at famous footwear. it was like 300 bucks & it was worth it.

• you could buy some orthodics for your shoes