I don't understand this!!!

have you guys ever realized that men's clothes are much more expensive than women's clothing? I was wondering why this happens, could it be due to needing more material since guys tend to be more aggressive with everything? or what is the real reason why its more expensive?

Most Helpful Girl

• How so? I've always considered women's clothes much more expensive. Men tend to be less focused on fashion, and even very fashionable men's clothes are typically not as expensive as women's. Are you talking about cheaper clothes in general? I find that clothes tend to be more similarly priced when they are cheaper, and women's clothes tend to increase in price in comparison to men's clothes the more high end they get. Women are also typically more focused on fashion than men so companies figure they will pay more for clothes than the average guy will.

take levi's for example ( a sort of mid range price) the women's 501 jeans are $78 link

and the men's are $64 link

What Girls Said 10

• almost everything I have seen, the womens clothing are equally if not more expensive.

• Just, because there is more demand firms will have a lower profit max. Price. So they'll offer it cheaper + women buy a lot more clothes than they actually need, so if the price goes up profits will fall because the demand is inelastic and they don't really need the clothes so they will for instance buy more make up instead of clothes. This also counts for perfume and other beauty stuff...

• I meant elastic...

• this is about right, wait till you need to buy a good suit, then you'll see how expensive men's clothing can be hahaha.

• Because women in the USA get way more clothes than guys... after a few washes, they toss them and buy new ones..; when most guys keep their clothes longer.

• Ya I was thinking about that the other day..id make better sense for us to have it expensive since we buy so much

• yeah, I did notice. I figured because they think women will buy things more often. so it being crappy material would be less apparent.

• pretty sure it isn't more expensive... unless you're just looking at expensive guy clothes and cheap girl clothes but most girls clothing is expensive.

• guys seldom cut the price or ask for one discount even when they should.

• Ya women's clothing doesn't last as long our fabric is wimpy

• Me either because we have more prints

• It depends on where you're shopping :p places like forever 21 and such are pretty much the same. Macy's has expensive mes clothes, but that's kind of because the men that shop there are wiling to pay that price. Cloth also has something to do with it. But its mostly brand and store related.

What Guys Said 4

• We make more money (as a group). Simple as that. Otherwise they wouldn't be priced as such, cause no one would afford them. Economics my friend.

• I don't understand you ..

• I never noticed that. I thought women's clothes were more expensive.

• I don't know women's prices but I just saw a shirt for $40 today. What a rip-off.