How does everyone feel about perms?

I personally don't have one and wouldn't get one but I see a lot of people that do. Just curious as to what everyone else thinks:)

Most Helpful Girl

• I've personally never had one, but I think there is lots of misinformation about them out there. I think a lot of people instantly picture this when they think of a perm: link

but perms have gotten a LOT better since the 80's. I know people who have gotten really amazing perms like this: link

and the best part is that your hair just dries like that. No blow drying, or curling and it even gets rid of frizz! Another thing a lot of people don't seem to know about perms is that they aren't just for making your hair curly. They can permanently straighten it too!

link

What Guys Said 3

• I think they should stay in the 80's.

• I don't know... I did not know that anyone still got perms? o.O...does that mean that your hair would feel stiff and unnatural? Like my mother's used to? because I would not like that...?

• I don't really like them.

What Girls Said 6

• They may seem like a good idea at the time, but personally I will never succumb to one. They can damage your hair pretty badly and I already have more than enough with my straight iron and curling iron for that.

However, it seems to workout great for some. Several of my friends and family members have gotten one and it didn't do much harm. For me, its just a risk I'd rather pass.

• I wouldn't recommend them but at the end of the day its the person's hair & choice

• Curly is alsome glad mines natural

• I want to get one, but I'm not sure I can handle the maintenance of a perm...all that tangling and styling...ugh.

• Don't do it its damaging a lot of people want the opposite of what they have relaxers are bad too

• Chemicals are bad but I advocate curly esp natural so maybe use rollors...embrace your natural texture