What not to wear in college to avoid looking like a freshmen?

In about 2 weeks I start college. I'm trying to upgrade my wardrobe for college, but I don't want to look like the awkward newbie freshmen girl who hasn't gotten the hint on the dos and donts of what to wear. Any help?

Most Helpful Girl

• this isn't high school. no one cares what you wear. the only indicator that you're a freshmen is you getting lost on campus, not knowing how certain systems work, etc...basically how you act. and generally people are very welcoming & kind to freshmen (at least at my school). upperclassmen are eager to help out & they don't look down on you because you're younger.

but you came here looking for fashion advice so:

-lots of girls at my school like wearing black leggings and an oversized tshirt or sweatshirt.

-some just wear Tshirts & jeans (honestly most people going to class look very casual)

-but some girls dress it up and may wear skirts or dresses.

What Guys Said 6

• Depends where you go to school.

Different campuses have different styles.

• Probably best to plant yourself squarely in the middle. If you show up in your cheerleader outfit, that will be a problem.

• So what if you look like an awkward newbie freshman girl.

I'm fine with it.

Just don't "I love mommy" t-shirts or super slutty clothes.

• Nobody cares. You can go to class in pjs and nobody still say anything.

• Wear what you want, nobody will say anything.

• Avoid the college hooded sweaters.

What Girls Said 6

• It depends on your college campus. As many people already stated, it truly doesn't matter. Although, it is nice to stand out sometimes.

Check out these links:

link

link

link

Not only do they have advice and fashion tips but they're great for procrastination apart from fb! :)

P.S. The last link is my personal favorite!

• Wear whatever...no matter what you will someone in that crowd of 2000 people will dress similar to you so won't ever feel out of place. This isn't high school so no body cares as much.

• Hum mostly don't look lost even if you r. And don't go super dolled up the first day. Don't look.slutty. But really people wear whatever to college (in usa). Enjoy your time in college and gl :)

• Don't try to be something your not and being a freshmen has its advantages

• Causal wear

• Dress like you don't care..freshmens actually try to dress up