I just found out I'm 5"7 and not 5"8..

Great, I'm 18, just realized I'm 5"7, now I'll have absolutely no chance with women. I know height is a major factor for a girl in determining a worthy partner, but how important is it? Is a guy the same height as you bad too?

(Considering that the face is nice and body athletic)

Most Helpful Girl

• Do not sweat it! 5'7 isn't much different than 5'8". Are people treating you different since you found this out? NO! Women under 5'7" or 5'8" will not care at all. To me, 5'3" (I actually just found out I'm not 5'2"!) think you are the perfect height. Perfect. Any man over 5'11" is quiet intimidating to me.

• Thanks for B.A. :D

• Np :-) Just tell me this;

Facial features and physique / muscle mass aside, would the taller guy always win, everything else being equal? Imo shorter men have nice proportions and tell people tend to look clumsy. But what say you?

• Like I said, I'm not for tall guys. Except my brother, who was 6'7", he was awesome even though he stole all of my height. Personally, I think taller men give off an air of conceit, arrogance. I really do not like it. Really tall women do to, like over 6'1". IDKY. Amazons, I think? lol There is a study, though, that shows men over 6' do get ahead in life financially & in the work place. bummer, eh?

What Girls Said 14

• you do realize that just because you THOUGHT you were taller-doesn't mean that you were actually taller? your chances are the same as before your height epiphany. height doesn't matter to me,but yes,a lot of girls will refuse to date you because you're a bit shorter.

• Is taller always better?

• no,it all depends on the person. some girls don't care about height,some like short guys,but most girls want tall guys. and I wouldn't really call you 'short',you're pretty average,so you could easily pass with any of those three groups.

• I just turned 16, I'm an incoming Junior in high school and I'm JUST NOW 5".

And I'd rather have a guy taller than me, not like 6"7 though. Maybe like a few inches taller, haha.

• My fiance is 5'6", and he certainly had no trouble getting me :)

There is so much more to a man than height!

If it bothers you though, try to be such an interesting, endearing, funny, and sweet man - that no one would think twice about your height.

A woman might notice height at first; but after a few minutes of talking to you, nothing so trivial as height would bother a lady who was worth your time.

• I am 5'3 and think that's the perfect height. I personally prefer shorter guys over taller ones since I'm pretty short myself.

• BTW, women like your confidence in yourself. So, stand up staight, be proud of who you are. Forget about 5'7".

• Not true. I would date a guy who is 5'7 and I am 5'6.

• If you're all that she wants, than your height won't matter to her so much XD Just play it cool and relax :)

• There are girls who are shorter than 5'7

• Im 5ft its nice when I don't have to look like a legal midget..

• Cool story

• Oh no! You're an inch shorter than you thought you were! It's a travesty! No. You're totally fine. Women won't care if you tell them you're 5'8 and then say that actually you're 5'7. Now, if you say you're 6'0 and actually you're 5'7...then you're just lying and that's an unattractive quality in and off itself.

• Oh come on you are being ridiculous! There are so many girls who are shorter than 5"7! Plus, you have a nice face and and athletic body that's a complete turn on.

• 5'7 is about average height so I wouldn't be worried. Most the guys I dated were about 5'7 to 5'9 and I'm 5'2. As long as I don't tower over them when I wear heels or something, it's not that big a deal.

• i like shorter guys :) I'm 5'5" my boyfriend is 5'6"

What Guys Said 5

• Just find girls that are shorter than 5'7. You'll find that most girls under your height will be fine with it if you have many other good characteristics.

• I measured my height yesterday, too. Turns out I just recently became 6'1 and I've been thinking I was that tall for over a year. Anyways, I know plenty of shorter guys that get babes. It's all about being confident with your height.

• It's less important than overall attitude and self-image, of which you suck at both.

• one inch isn't gonna make that big of a difference

• I see what you did here. Very clever.