How much money do you spend on clothing a year?

Including underwear, shoes, and accessories.

Why?

• Less than $25
  • $25-$75
  • $75-$150
  • $150-$250
  • More than $250
If you are more of an every-other year shopper, average it out.

Most Helpful Girl

• In an entire year? This poll seems more focused on men than women (men often spend much less on clothes than women). I've spent move than $250 on clothes in the last week.I don't even want to know how much I spend on clothes in a year. I mean, a really nice pair of leather shoes can cost upwards of $250 alone. I appreciate high quality clothes and I love fashion, but I don't understand how even someone who doesn't can spend less than $150 a year. Even for men, you need socks and a winter jacket, shirts, suits (if your job requires it or you are going to a wedding or another formal event) shoes exc. I understand that a lot of these things last a long time, but even then.

• Do you throw your clothing out after you wear them? If you spend 250 a week how the heck do you fit it all in your closet!?!? (and its very very possible to spend less than 150 a year. trust me)

What Guys Said 21

• About $2-3k per year? I like a lot of high-end dress suits and shoes. My last suit cost me $1,300 and was hand-made in Italy. I rather have la decent amount of high-quality clothes than lots of cheap stuff that doesn't look good or wears easily.

• How do you spend less than $250 on clothes a year? Wardrobes need airing out.

• $25-$75 usually on socks and occasional t-shirt. very rarely I'll spend over $75 in one year.

I still have cloths that's like 7+ years old because I take care of them and don't care about keeping in with the latest fashion. The only thing I worry about is not looking like a bum.

• I forgot about shoes I buy a pair roughly every 2-4 years depending on how worn they look and if I have money saved up at the time.

• It does seem like it would be fun to get clothing specially tailored.

• it is :D I'm 5'1 and it's nearly impossible to find jeans that fit. so I went to www.makeyourownjeans.com and gave them my measurements, the first one was a bit off because I did something wrong but the 2nd pair fit like a glove ^^

• I spend more on replacing all the shoes I wear out than I do on all my other clothes combined.

• I clicked E. Between my professional and personal wardrobes not to mention what I do for a living and the way I live, I average over $1200 a year.

• I do too.. my career is a little bit high profile.. so I do buy nice hand bags, shoes and clothes.. but I do keep within a monthly budget

• As little as possible. Thrifting is the bomb.

• i voted D but I mean E mostly because of shoes

I burn through 1-2 pair of shoes each year (literally the bottom wouldn't have anything and a hole in front) which ends up costing me 100-200$

apart from that my spending is probably

50$ on shirts each year

50$ on pants/shorts

15$ on undershirt

10$ on boxers

10$ for socks

then one big item each year ex suit, jacket = 100$+

• Probably $50 - $100. I usually buy a new pair of shoes every other year, and maybe a regular shirt, and a professional shirt. Everything else is fine.

• not very much anymore , actually I should buy a few things but have a hard time finding anything I like anymore

• Me too. I don't even know what I like, so its kinda hard to find something I like. (let alone in my size)

• Everytime I get paid. I buy hat or a outfit or two. I have to say around 2,000 - 2,500 a year.

• C.

i don't need much clothes.

mt parents are always tryin to get me to buy more tho, and every time I'm like, no, I have clothes already.

• Same here I hear it all the time.. and I tell myself I'm going to finally treat myself but I get sidetracked and forget all about it.

• clothing isn't very important to me. as long as I can switch it up and not wear the same thing every day, I'm good.

• Interesting.

• I used to be in the E category, but then I learned how to invest my money so now I just wear plain clothes.

• More then 250, only reason is running shoes. They don't last if you run a lot and they aren't cheap.

• I'd say about 500-600 per year if I had to guess, mainly shoes, lol. Between work shoes, running shoes and casual shoes. Jeans and shirts last for some time and are cheaper to replace.

• I just checked your profile pictures. There would be no fat jiggling on your body. (and you are cute to boot) (I don't mean that in a weird way just a fact sort of way)

• I run because its fun too! Just need to let your worries behind you, people normally don't sit there staring at people that run! I know its hard to do that, I'm a shy person but when it comes to running I just don't care! I'm sure you look fine when you run you're just exaggerating. :)

• It's hard to say. I buy lots of stuff at once and it lasts for 4 or 5 years (jeans, boxers, socks, undershirts). In the mean time, I just buy a shirt here and there. Or I splurge and pick up a nice jacket or watch. It can really vary.

• In 2011 I spent $700 (I've got a white collar job) but so far this year I spent about $200 and don't plan to spend anymore.

Clothes can be quite expensive so I usually buy what I want and don't spend for a year.

• well I could see if you just started a job that you would need to spend quite a bit right away so you have something to wear to it...

• Being as skinny as I am, I need my clothes tailored...so pack in another $500 and you can see why I hate buying clothes. I have enough for 4 straight weeks of different professional outfits.

• I have a friend like that. She wears a double zero and the clothing is still loose. She's just naturally very skinny. I'm sure if you are a skinny guy it might be even harder.

• Some new jeans

A couple shirts

And socks :P

• I'm broke as hell so just under $100 a year for me lol

• kanjoos, makhi choos saala chuthiya

• I have no idea what that means

• Some year I spend 2,000.00 some years I spend 15,000.00. It depends upon my fiscal situation.

• Probably btwn 100-200 bucks.

• C. I try to be more economical nowadays. As long as my clothes are decent and clean, then that's fine with me.

What Girls Said 31

• I'm guessing D

I get new jeans and new shoes..that's where the more expensive things are, I don't go crazy when buying tops, underwear, especially accessories, plus Kohls has great deal where things can be pver 60% off..and just take care of my other stuff..so I probably not over $250

ugh it's disheartening to read of these answers..

How do you spend less than $250 on clothes a year?...smh smh some people spend less than 10 dollars on clothes a year..

• I picked E. I like shopping for nice clothes, and I'm willing to spend more money for something that is of better quality. Don't get me wrong I look for good bargains and 'substitutes' to what I really want, but overall I'm OK with investing a decent amount of money into what I wear.

• I voted C. I might get a new pair of pants or shirt from time to time, or a new coat or pair of winter boots. But when I get things like that, they usually stay in good shape and last for a few years. But after I lose some more weight I'm going to freshen up my wardrobe, so I'll be spending some.

• I shop seasonally and regularly...if I see something I like, I would pick it up. average a year, a few thousand.

i spend more on a few core pieces.

and pick up a few trendy pieces now and then.

coats and boots can get pretty expensive because I rather be in comf. shoes and better made coats.

• Probably about $150. I never have as many clothes as I want!

• I voted D, more or less...not sure ^_^

Most of that comes from when I spurge. I don't really see a need to spend so much money on clothes unless you have too, job, uniform for school etc...

Just cleaned out my clothes this summer and got rid of at least a garbage bag to two bags of crap that I didn't need.

I don't buy anything for regular price :P

Top were originally 70$ and I pay 10$ dollars for it. I love a good sale.

Shoes were originally from $50-90 and I pay from $7-45 on them.

Bottoms were from $20-80 and I pay from $8-30.

Jewelry $10-70$ and I pay $2-20 dollars.

I am really good at finding deals. It saves a lot of money where you can save or put it for better things. I find deals so I can get more :D

When I go shopping with my sis we walk out with at least 100 spent on one trip (we go at least 3 times a year) plus things we buy here and there.

• I'm kinda confused with the numbers is this monthly or yearly? Because I don't think anyone will spend less than $150 a year... I spend around $250 a month.

• I've spent about $15 two years in a row. I bought a pack of underwear and a clearance bra.

• Wow, I understand you spended it on a bra... Why do you spent that little money? Do you want to invest it in other things? I think you should pamper yourself every now and then... it can feel amazing when you are wearing a new outfit :)

• I just don't have the money. I don't have a job (I think I have some social issues I have to work through before getting one) and my parents won't pay for anything. They haven't since middle school. So. No money, no clothes. Underwear was kinda important though.

• Probably a lot more than 250 to be honest.

• I spend $250 per week. You do the math.

• at least $700 a year. when I saw the poll options I was like, are you kidding me? who spends less than $200 on a new yearly wardrobe? I thought it was just normal, unless you hate shopping.

• How is that possible to spend less than $1500? I mean, a coat in winter cost like 200$,while a new pant cost $50,a pair of nice shoes cost $100. how can a person live a year with $250?

• 250 was the limit you could think of?

I spent easily 10x that...

• $500 a year. And that's not a lot.

But it depends where you shop and how many peices of clothing you want. And shoes are always expensive.

• rich girl ;p

• mens classy clothes suck, they aren't comfortable to wear

i prefer going out looking like a kid a pair of shorts and a white shirt :D

• exactly why I said high maintenance :D

• ohhh boy. I spend way more than I ever should. I'm a shopoholic for sure. I spend at least $50 out of every paycheck so its gotta be almost $1,000. lol whoooops. damn you victoria's secret!

• Oh god, I have a budget of about $500 - $700 a season. I do shop a lot, probably more often than the average person though. But I live in a place where seasons change so fast you have to have a bunch of clothing for every type of weather. It can go from 90 degrees to 40 overnight.

• Ever couple months I splurge and spend roughly $500 and between then probably around $100? I buy fairly pricey clothes so my closet isn't quite overflowing. Less than $25 sounds quite disturbing.

• well lol my boobies are still growing and I love Victoria's secret 5 or 6 bras is 250 dollars. I'm not really the best at thrift or bargin shopping but I love to shop I go maybe 7-8 times a month because I have the money for it .

• D, why? Because like anything else clothes wear out and you need new stuff lol

• More than $300 probably I don't really think about it

• I'd choose B. I HATE clothes.

It's hard shopping for my body type, so I prefer my birthday suit.

I rarely wear things I get for my birthday and Christmas. >= (

• Sorry but you can't walk around in your birthday suit in public area's, its illegal! xD

• Hmmm. Things would be easier if we all just walked around naked. (just kidding. Although if we were all brought up that way and it was normal I imagine it would be easier...)

• Yeah, that's a good point.

• lol I envy the people that answered more than 250

• I don't buy any clothes or anything very often because I live on my own and I'm paying for school as well. But to compensate, I ask for them for birthdays and holidays =)

• I'm a shopaholic. So, allloooot.

• More than $250, I buy quality, not quantity

• I spend $50-100 a month on clothing so yeah it adds up

• WAY Too much! Because there's always something I like. XD

Bad Habit.

• As for your poll options... Are you kidding? 250 a year? That's normally wasted in one day alone.

• totally agree with you. $250 is what I'd spend in an average day of shopping alone.

• may be around 1000 bucks?

• Too much to count

• Maybe a thousand dollars

• i used to a lot when I was in school but now that I'm just working I only wear and rotate between work clothes and so I don't have any urge to shop too much, so id say like $200 a yr, I mostly buy shoes now because I wear them out so much I'm always looking for a comfortable shoe

i spend a lot on makeup though I'm just a collector and love sephora.

• More from Girls
    1