Why is it that guys can't tell when women wear makeup?

Most women can very easily tell when others are wearing makeup. friends of mine who don't wear makeup can also tell pretty easily. So why is it that so many men don't really notice when we're wearing making? Is there any psychology behind this? Or can men tell through more experience?

How well can you spot makeup?

0|0
6|9

Most Helpful Guy

• Most guys probably only see girls WITH makeup, and rarely without it, so they don't realize what the difference is or to what extent the difference is. When they see a girl with no make-up, she looks "wrong" to them, but he probably can't even say why, because he just doesn't think about things like make-up at all.

An older, more experienced guy (one that's lived with a woman) will know the difference, though.

3|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 8

• It depends on how the make-up is done and if it's natural. If a girl has a tan face and a white neck, well that's pretty obvious. If a girl has blue around her eyes, again it's obvious. Other than that, I don't really pay much attention to make-up. I think the natural look or more natural make-up that perhaps accents certain features works best so unless they look like Mimi from the Drew Carey show, I really don't notice all that much.

2|0
    0|0
  • You're right. If its done well and isn't heavy, guys just think she looks good. Then wander around proclaiming they like natural girls with no makeup.

2|0
    0|0
  • are you kidding me? of course we notice.

maybe not when you're using just that basic stuff like concealer and foundation and we're not close enough, but otherwise when you actually use some colors and powder, we can notice. at least I do.

1|0
    0|0
  • Because women are always wearing makeup.

1|0
    0|0
  • Probably lack of experience...i can usually tell..(:(:(:

1|0
    0|0
  • I can tell very easily most of the time

1|0
    0|0
  • When girls are attractive, we know that they are wearing make up. If they are not attractive, obviously we don't really care either way.

2|0
    1|0
  • I guess it's because we don't focus on it too much. But I can tell usually.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

• Most guys can always tell, they just learn to never bring it up - or they couldn't care less. But men aren't stupid, and they most certainly know when you're wearing make up :P

1|4
    0|0
  • Guys usually don't know everytype of make up so they probably can't tell if she's wearing a certain mascara and or bronzer.I tinited lip balm ect

1|0
    0|0
  • Not totally true, my ex-boyfriend notices (though I use a light hand natural looking hand) and finds it necessary to critique on a daily basis.

1|0
    0|0
  • Idk its a secret

0|0
    0|0
  • They don't need to

0|0
    0|0
  • I have wondered this myself.

1|0
    0|0