Why don't guys like short hair?

i think some women have a great face for shorter hair but majority of guys don't like it even if the woman looks feminine classy and elegant in it. why is that?

Most Helpful Guy

• I, for one, think any girl in this planet will look better in short hair than long hair. I'm such a sucker for short hair on women. Although I love all hair lengths on women, short hair tops it all. The reason behind my liking for short hair maybe that it makes a girl look like she ain't bothered about this conventional beauty sh*t and just be independent in her views. Like 'don't give a damn' kind of girl.

What Guys Said 7

• I love it, myself, I love all hair lengths. Most of the females I have been with have had short hair, actually.

A good analogy is, guys with long hair. Back in high school, a lot of my friends, and me, used to have long hair. And, one time, these couple girls were really ripping into us for it, making a big deal about it, saying it was disgusting and demanding we answer why. After her performance was over, one of her friends stepped in and said 'Look at it this way, it's like when girls can have short hair - these guys have long hair.' The girl had no counterargument, and left, disgruntled.

Theres no logic in it, but it's 'normal' and people are used to normal. Ever since WWI, guys have had buzz-cuts and crew-cuts and whatever else, short cuts, and ever since... Christianity, girls have had long hair. And, when people started to wear long hair or short hair irrespective of their gender designation, it REALLY shocked people. In the 60s there used to be this thing called the 'Freak Scene', and it was just a bunch of people who dressed up in all kinds of fancy clothes that weren't the standard suits and frocks, and they had all kinds of different hairstyles, and they'd walk around the strip having the good time. After a few months, the shop owners called the police on them 'cos they were bad for business. They were arrested - for walking around and looking different. There used to be front-page spreads on magazines about 'unisex haircuts'. And, bob cuts and things were really shocking, on girls. It all eventually took off though, and penetrated mainstream culture.

It quickly fell out, however, after some very strong-arm 90s reactionism and the development of the National Front, and Bullyboys in the 80s, etc. etc., whatever. However it worked out, long hair on boys and short hair on girls speedily fell out of acceptability in Western Culture. Girls with long hair is more okay now, boys with long hair is staaaaarting to be okay, both can result in anger and even violence and neither are usually attractive to the opposite gender.

I don't know why, but, there's a timeline...

• LOL I just do. Even short but clearly feminine hairstyles just don't have the same appeal as long hair.

But get your hair done the WAY you like and don't listen to old fart like me.

• I LOVE short hair on a woman. I've noticed that whenever I compliment a lady's hairstyle, 99% of the time it's a short hairstyle. And what's funny is right now I have semi-long hair for a guy. So I could make the joke "best way to get me to compliment your hairstyle, ladies, is to cut your hair shorter than mine", LOL. Of course that's just a joke, but still.

What I like about short hair is that it shows that a woman is willing to go against society norms and also I love how it flaunts her face. I can remember awhile back there was this really sweet lady who had a super short haircut, she was unsure of how she felt about it, having mixed feelings until I told her how pretty I thought it looked and I loved how it flaunted her beautiful face. She told me that really made her day and made her like that hairstyle. Ever since then she's kept her hair super short.

I also love radical hairstyles on girls. Such as this one woman (college age, I think) who had the back half of her head shaved bald and the front half a little shaggy like a couple inches long but shaggy like a boy's haircut. I thought that haircut looked really sexy on her.

• I personally think more women should do t because its such a cute and edgy/sophisticated style. I think it looks dynamite when coupled with a nice pair of earrings and a big smile, I think most women like the style but are afraid it won't suit them. Guys don't really care at the end of the day what hair a girl has, I mean we might say we do, but honestly what dude is going to turn down a girl based solely on the length/style of her hair, if you're cute you're cute.

• It depends on what you define as short hair. Shorter than shoulder length most women tend to look like boys.

• link

hers is shorter than shoulder and I think she looks like a classy woman

• i agree. Women get a lot of sh*t on here for being too picky but not liking someone over a hairstyle tops it all

• So I'm picky. Nothing wrong with that. I'm not going to try to change her and I'm not going to settle either. I know what I like and I'm perfectly fine with that. :)

• I like short hair. Like emma watsons, she looked great.

• I think longer hair on a woman is more attractive. Most guys have short hair, so if girls have long hair, the distinct contrast adds to the appeal.

What Girls Said 3

• Style your hair the way you like it. The rest will fall into place

• Biologically long hair is feminine

• I guess from a distance or from behind they can't tell its a girl..sometimes its confusing when a guy has long hair