Why do you dress like you do?

Pick the reason why you dress like you do. Question is geared more toward girls, but figured why not include everyone.

• For myself
  • For people of the same gender
  • For people of the opposite gender
  • A combination of the above

Most Helpful Girl

• Do you mean, like a certain style or...?

Like, I prefer feminine clothes (dresses, blazers, heels, skinny jeans), because I think that the "teen times" are over for me (like I see old women dressing up like teenagers, what the actual f***?). Also, I try my best to look like a Muslim (you know, with the headscarf and all) and still look good. So I guess I dress up for myself, my religion and other people since it really bugs me to see women or men wearing "whatever", so I don't want to be one of those... I want to look presentable :D

And because both of my parents take extremely good care of themselves and their looks (my dad always keeps a mini comb in his pocket and wears suits even when he's going out to smoke a cigarette lol). :D

• I just meant however you dress regardless of if there is a style to it or not. I like what you put.

• So like this? link Actually looks kind of cute.

• Pretty much yeah

What Girls Said 7

• I'd be lying if I didn't pick D

It's 90% me

9% opposite gender

1% same gender

• I dress for myself, I can't see it any other way. I can't dress to please others if it doesn't please myself.

• I dress for me, but if other people think it looks good then awesome!

• My style is for myself. If I'm hanging out with my friends that day then I'l just dress normally, and if I expect to encounter some cute guys I'll show off more, but retain my style

• How do you show off more?

• Particular style - myself

Bottom line though, I dress keeping the guys in mind (not really, but you know).

If I dress up around girls it's only to fit the occassion, not to please them.

• For myself and a little for the opposite gender

• I dress for myself and no one else I always go for clothes that are comfortable even if it isn't the most flattering thing for a while I mostly wore my brothers shirts and hoodies just becouse they were so comftorable obviously my clothing style has changed now it's more Victorian era oriented with lots of black and lace

• Black and lace, nice.

What Guys Said 1

• I like looking good. Everyone does. I judge myself / my clothes and see if I like the way I look, but really, I do it for the opposite gender lol. Or others in general, because I mean, if guys don't like the way I dress, I'm guessing neither will women.