White ink tattoo experiences?

I'm thinking about getting a white ink tattoo because I love how they look, but I've read some negative things about them. So I just want to hear about peoples' experiences with them, good or bad!

Most Helpful Girl

• White ink fades faster than other color. I have a tat with white ink in it and the white faded within a year. White ink tattoos are supposed to be made with a thicker, higher quality ink but they still fade pretty fast and can disappear all together so I think it's pretty pointless to get one and waste your money. Also there are limitations. The darker your skin tone the harder it is for the ink to hold and last. You cannot get it in areas that will be exposed to the sun either or it'll just quicken the process of your tattoo fading. I think it's pretty pointless and would only stick to color or black and grey.

What Guys Said 2

• Lol most people I have met with tattoos regret them. May be different as a girl but a lot of the time guys get looked at a different way when they get them. The only thing I would consider getting would be something cool like this pic link

But I just don't think it's worth getting a tattoo honestly I don't know your choice.

• I'd think they're not any different than color ones...

• Well from what I've read online, a lot of artists won't even do all white ink tattoos, mostly because they have a tendancy to fade fast or become discolored. I read that while colored tattoos fade to a grayish color, white ink tattoos just dissapear.

What Girls Said 4

• Depends on your skin tone really. White ink often eventually discolors and turns into a yellowy off white that sometimes doesn't look that great. I did one once and it was so annoying to do. But it looked pretty interesting.

• Yeah I love how they look! But judging by what everyone says I don't think I'm going to get one:/

• Just drop into a good reputable tattoo shop and discuss it. You don't have to get black, there's infinite colors you could choose for line work.

• Okay, good idea, thank you!

• White ink tends to fade quicker than other colors so to keep it looking good you would have to get it touched up regularly. Yellow is also a color that can fade easy depending on skin tone.

• Never seen then but id think its the easiest to fade

• If I got white ink tattoos.. I would imagine it not showing up on me, since I am practically transparent already.