Do you think this statement holds true?

"A hot body can never make for an ugly face."

That's true, yes? If a girl has a nice body but an unattractive face.. What can she do to higher her chance of getting a guy?

Most Helpful Guy

• guys vary in priorities as much as they do in preferences. There are going to be many guys who find the body shape to be the only important aspect of a girl's attractiveness, and just as many guys who find the face to be the only important aspect of a girl's attractiveness. Of course, you are going to see a whole spectrum of priorities between the two. I wouldn't really think there is an easy way to tell - my only guess is to see the way the guy moves. If it looks like he is self-conscious about what his body is doing (i.e. jittery hands, doesn't dance, hands in pockets) but doesn't really pay much attention to what facial expressions he makes, chances are good this is a "body" guy. Keep in mind, this is just a guess.

As far as bridging the gap, it depends on the face. Glasses can cover unattractive eyes, nose, and forehead. A low-cut shirt can distract from an unattractive mouth or chin. Wearing hair down can cover unattractive cheeks or ears...

Also, I'd point out that once the lights go out, face means almost nothing. In fact, the only time it even could be a factor during sex is if one leaves the lights on during a blow job or maybe cowgirl.

• oh, and, what is considered an attractive body is something of a universal consensus (or at least the variance is narrow). However, what is considered an attractive face has a lot of variance, and can depend a lot on cultural influence.

What Guys Said 17

• For a lot of guys that holds true. I personally prefer the pretty face, because with work and commitment just about anyone can have a good body. But most are stuck with the face we're born with and further even after plastic surgery the genes of a bad face will get passed on.

• If by "make up" you mean a girl could have a hot body and an ugly face and be a hot girl then the statement is true. Face is more important than body in my opinion.

• like how unattractive. even an average girl can do a lot with a smile and a little makeup. but the smile is the most important because a perma scowl looks like a bitch, whatever she looks like. really pretty faces can just get away with it a little.

• Just ask yourself the opposite, "Would I date a guy with an ugly face and hot bod?" People act like women and men are completely different. It's the same for men and women.

• what constitutes as ugly varies among everyone though. so really, its hard to say whos face is ugly, and whose isnt

• no. it just makes you a butter face.

• Sometimes. When someone loses weight and it shows in their face they can look completely different.

• Yes a girl's face is the most important thing about her physically by far.

• Put a bag on her head...

• Pretty much, because unlike body - face is apparent at all times, unless you're a Muslim.

• Hot body and ugly face is only good for sex. Not a long term realtionship. Plus a girl can let herself go as she gets older.

• Only for sex? - Hmm, I see.. That makes sense. Thanks.

• your right I know its childish to compare things like that. I just don't get why you think your so unattractive. But what do I know. Do you mind if I ask? What is it you like about anal? (I saw some of your answers) I enjoy using butt plugs on myself. Feels amazing. But pretty much all girls say that it hurts or they think its gross. Its nice to know some ladies love it

• would 4 inches work for anal as opposed to vaginal?

• yes, if she has a nice-body, it can make up for the face

• It's true for me. The face is what I look at more, so if the face is too ugly then she won't attract me regardless of body.

Reconstructive surgery.

• That statement is true for most.

Most girls don't look that good without make up, so use it and use it well like you have been doing.

• Facial surgery.

• It can, but most of the time, it doesn't like make up for it completely. It can make up for it most of the way, sometimes it just averages things out, sometimes no amount of sexy can make up for the face the body's attached to. In your case, you're really pretty, so you don't have anything to worry about.

• I disagree. Some guys focus equally on face and body. Some just body. Some care mostly about face. Ideally, you have both. If you only have one, that's still enough to get some guys, not all. I looked at your photos, you seem to have both.

What Girls Said 5

• Really good make up can improve a ugly face.

I see not so great looking girls, even celebrities look completely transformed when they have on really great make up (sometimes they don't even look like the same person).

I personally agree with that quote. I'd prefer a hot face over a hot body anyday. (A body can be improved (through exercise and diet), while a face really cant). -unless you have money to afford plastic surgery.

• From my perspective on a guy's looks I'd say that a hot body can make up for a less attractive face. It's something they can definitely change (if they don't have medical problems stopping them). Since it's something they can change and because it takes a lot of effort, I have a lot of respect for men who do this.

• The face is the most important. Its the first thing you see, if someone's face isn't attractive to you, your eyes divert immediately, no need to even pan down to the rest of their body.

Im sure people do accept less attractive faces for an amazing body but its not ideal, after a while when the lust wears off you realize that you have to look at their face every morning. Its harder for guys because they can't hide behind hair and makeup if their face is ugly not much they can do.

• Not true for guys or girls. There are some not so attractive hot bods out there. You can't chance genetics...Oh, yeah! Plastic surgery? No, don't do that. Best to have a great personality. That makes you look beautiful to all who are not shallow.

• certainly true for one-night stands. I would say guys are lying if they stated that they would never "go out" with a butter face, provided she puts out easily.