Should I dye my hair even if my mom said no?

My mom wants me to get more highlights for my senior pictures . but I want to dye my hair dark brown, like before . should I do it anyway ?

. I feel like since its my hair , &I'm a senior in high school, I should be allowed to choose my hair color .

all my friends said I looked better when I had darker hair . but my mom is the one paying for my senior pics &my hair . but its MY senior pics &MY hair ! / :

Most Helpful Guy

• You should be able to say to your mum that you're grateful for her advice and for paying for the highlights too, but what you really want is darker hair for your pictures. You shouldn't have to do it on the sneak... Your mum should respect your opinion on how you want your hair to look.

Try telling her that you appreciate her opinion and paying for the coloring, but you really want your hair dark for the pictures. You want to be able to look back on the pictures and for them to look how you wanted, not what your mum forced or guilt tripped you into having! lol

What Guys Said 7

• Thats a pickle. Wouldn't a middle ground be for you to get neither more highlights NOR darker hair?

• good idea, but my natural hair is coming in &it looks terrible .

• Ah come on, the natural look is NEVER terrible.

When you look back 20 years on the photo, whatever is in style will be out of style. But a natural look will never be out of style, because it isn't a style, but a human characteristic!

• Do what you want gurl...

• do what you like. its not like she's legally allowed to tell you what to do with your hair.

• Its up to you really, your mom can give you advice and you can take her opinion into consideration but in the end it should be up to.

• Consult your friends. If you did it before then you should have a pic or two to compare. Just ask the honest ones which one looks better.

• Raise the money to get your pics taken. Therefore she won't have the leverage on you.

• be a good girl and listen to your mom.

• You'd probably get in trouble but I guess if you really want...

What Girls Said 8

• Well I think you should have your hair how you want it for your pictures. They will be something you and your family look back on one day though so just make sure its what you really want. This depends on the individual and the relationship you have with your mom too. Personally because of the way my mom is, its so pointless to argue with her and deal with her when she's upset. I'd just get highlights for the pictures and dye it later lol. So just do what you want and like other answers said deal with any consequences if there are any.

• I think she's being too controlling. She should let you do your hair how you like it.

• Should I dye my hair even if my mom said no?

If you can handle the possible consequences for your actions

• Well, I agree you should be able to do whatever you want with your hair. But you know, if you change your hair your mother may not buy you the pictures anymore... Talk you your mom. Tell her why you want your hair that way. Let her know you are grateful for her help, and that she is doing this for her. But in the end it is YOUR picture and your life. You want to remember it a certain way. You appreciate her opinion, what she's doing but you don't want these pictures if your going to regret them. They are life long, and her putting her foot down over something your going to do anyway is silly. Talking things over calmly, and letting each other know how you feel is always the best answer. Emotions are always in the way, but logic is the basis of life.

• Well it's a picture so it's kinda permanent and having this in mind your mum probably told you to get highlights for this reason, perhaps you look best with highlights so she wants that in the picture?

I'd listen to her because in those situations, mums are usually right.

• Dark brown upkeep is usually a must so it's costly. You can let highlights grow out without much of a problem. It blends in nicely and gives the hair a textured appearance.

• my natural hair color is coming in and it looks terrible . I liked the highlights for summer, but going into winter I think a dark brown would be refreshing . I got a lot of highlights so it was more expensive than dying .

• mm winter :D If I were you I would be tempted to dye it dark brown but are you sure it suits you? Or how about.. what color hair is easier to match to your clothes? :P Does the color on you look natural or kinda artificial?

I've learnt that when it comes to hair, mum's opinion > friends' opinions.

• Lol ya that's like when my mom told me not to dye mine but I did it anyways but tried to do highlights so she wouldn't notice but once I did she wasn't as mad.well once its done there's nothing you can do.But maybe you could darken your hair and get highlights in a lighter brown?

• Dye your hair. Just like you said; you should be allowed to choose your hair color, don't let others completely decide (opinions are okay).

• It's your choice. Maybe your mom doesn't want you to get something done that you might not like before you get your pictures done.