Girls/Guys would ever get your boyfriend or girlfriend?

name tattooed on your body? I wouldn't because you might not be together for forever

Most Helpful Girl

• I would not because you might not be together forever...

What Guys Said 22

• I'm not into tattoos myself, but even if I was, I would never get one done that one day may be inappropriate or pointless having! lol

• No. For the same reason you stated

• Nah, and for your reasons. Plus it would take extra long since her name is in Chinese haha.

• No. The only names would be lost loved ones.

• No I wouldn't, I met a guy and his girlfriend in a club, the dude had his girlfriend's name tatooed on his d***, from the state of his shoulders, neck and arms I believe him but that dude is severely f***ed if they ever break up lol.

I'd never tatoo a gf's name on me. I don't think I'll bother with tatoos ever, we'll see. Kinda too lazy for that...

• Never ever ever

• for that reason and I just think they don't look that good

• NO, I wouldn't get my girlfriend's name tattooed on my body. I am not into tattoo and even if I were, I wouldn't do that. >_<

• Ugh, if she did it first then I'd be really pressured to even though I wouldn't really want to lol. I mean there's a chance that the relationship fails and you're stuck with a reminder everyday of someone you don't even like anymore lol

• maybe if I have been with them for 3-4 years at least and that also very small

• I already don't like tattoos, so a big NO for me.

• That's one of my rules, no names in tats.

• for me tattoos are a huge turn off

• All tattoos or just those that you can see on almost any young adult anymore. I have one for fellow service members lost, my grandmother and aunt. The ones for relatives are small and more private albeit on my shoulder. The one for service members past, present and future shows a mini Vietnam War Memorial, the flag, and eagle and the names and unit codes for friends that I lost. Do you like tattoos in general?

• wow .. you seem to have a lot of tattoos .. its not that I hate tattoos but most of them are cheesy and they are supposed to stay with the person forever so its now just about names of lovers some people have horrible figures ..

• I agree most young adults have boring, cliche tats. I mean...the service tats are pretty common too but at least they have meaning to you and aren't just like another star or a skull lol.

Personally, I don't have any tats and I wouldn't make myself into a human obituary...Id do other things to honor & remember. But if you like it and its meaningful to you, rock on. Human adornment is a practice as old as time.

• Not a chance, I don't even think I could get my wife's name tattooed on me.

• And what if we break-up after the tattoo is already put?

• that's why I wouldn't get one on me of a boyfriends name and well then I guess your screwed or pay a lot of money to get it removed

• You can remove tattoos, at least here but it's:

-very costly

-very painful

-requires a lot of time and a lot of procedures

-might not remove it completely

-may damage the skin

• No, it seems like a bad idea beacuse of the "What if?".

• i wouldnt. I'm not a fan of tattoos

• Heavens, no.

• No.

• noooooo never

• nope. I am not that dumb

• Get their name tattooed on me? Nope.

What Girls Said 15

• I wouldn't.

-I hate tattoos

-why do I want your name on my body?

-why do YOU want your name on my body?

-what's the point? at all? of any of it?

It's not that we might not be together forever. Taking that out of the equation - because I'm a naive romantic, and think that if I were to do this, of course the guy and I would be together forever - it just makes no sense. I've never understood name tattoos. I hardly comprehend tats in general.

• hell to the no. My ex always use to bug me to get his name tattooed on me . Everytime I got a new tattoo he would complain that I didn't get his name . I feel like it's stupid cause their is no way of knowing 100% if your going to be with that person forever. Like my dad for instance he has my moms name on him and they have been broken up for 19 and a half years. I'd get a symbol for them but it wouldn't be just for them it would be something I liked and had meaning

• yea meto like having a tattoo that means something is fine or if someone in your family past away but I'm not putting no boyfriends name on me

• Hell no!

• No, never. Bad idea.

• if its a small tat its easy to remove though and not really visible :)

• It's also very expensive and painful to remove even the smallest tattoos with a laser. It can cost almost 3 times as much to remove it as it did to actually get it done because it has to be done in several sessions, and the procedure is probably not good for your skin anyways... plus there is almost always a scar left over that will be hard to tattoo over, and if the removal process is done poorly, the scar will be horrible.

• And the tattoo may not even be removed completely even with the highest quality removal procedure. So no.

If I was ever interested in getting a regular tattoo, sure I would probably do it if I thought long enough about it and decided it means something to me and is worth it. But never a boyfriend or even a husband's name.

• I would never get a significant others' name tattooed on me. It is bad luck! I would consider my child's name, parents or grandparents but fact is relationships fail and cover ups can get expensive. A friend of mine is actually a tattoo artist and he only does those types of tats under special circumstances (one was a memorial tattoo for a guys wife who died from breast cancer).

• I'd only do that with the name of my child or a close friend or family member who passed away.

• Hell no. Even if we were together forever I still think its silly, cheap, and lame. Everyone does that and its cheesy and unoriginal.

• probably never for the same reason, however a part of me thinks if they were an important person in my life and helped me to evolve as a person I would consider it, because at some point in my life I may not have been able to go through it without them. I might not still be with them years later but at one point they were still an important part of my life.

• No

• Never!

• That is the stupidest thing you can do. My friends father once got his girlfriends name tattooed on his arm because she was sick, he did it to help cheer her up. So stupid.

• did she ever get better and yeah it was kind of careless of him because tatts are on for life and it does pay a lot to remove

• Yeah she wasn't like sick with a disease as serious as cancer or anything, it was more like a cold or the flu. That's why it was so stupid.

• yeah that is kind of pointless. he should of thoguht about it

• Maybe if I loved them and they died, I'd get their initials or a symbol of them.

• I would never do that.

• no cause I'm not a fan of tattoos ^-^

• Hell no. Dumbest thing to do ever