Tattoo idea. What do you think? [Guys & Girls]

I've always wanted a tattoo. However, I've always thought I shouldn't get one until I was absolutely sure I wanted just that. I've never had good ideas for designs until now.

Actually, I thought out the whole idea, based on some thing important to me.

Basically - a rose, a dragon and the number 19.

However, if I wanted a medium sized tattoo (about the size of a grown up man's hand), where would it be best to put it? 'Cause I really don't mind.

Question #2:

If I wanted two different letters tattooed (G and U, first letters of the names of my brother and best friend) anyone got any ideas on where to tattoo them? I would like to tattoo my brother's letter on the left side of my chest (on my heart) and my best friends letter on a totally different part of my upper body, but not sure where.

Ideas?

Thanks in advance. :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Always, as usual, make sure it's something you want. I usually tell people make sure it means something to you and avoid letters. And be ready for the pain! The outlines are easy, but if it involves shading it really hurts. I got a tribal scorpion on my shoulder, the love of my life is a scorpio and if anything happens between us its only a picture. The tattoo you're talking about would look cool on your upper arm or back.

What Girls Said 10

• It's nice to put in on the back of your shoulder or on the upper arm, even on the inside of your lower arm would look great! Or on your calf, ... lol, lots of options but I prefer the shoulderblade.

So the second question is the second tattoo right? You could put them together, or another one on the inside of your wrist.

• roses and dragons are waay too over done when it comes to tattoos. I'm a believer that tattoos should be something different and a little more original that that. As for the initials of your brother isn't there something more meaningful you can tattoo instead, something that represents your brother/best friend?

Anyway, that's just my opinion :p

• Actually the rose and dragon are very symbolical for me, so I don't care if their over-done, I need them :D

As for the initials, that's just a side idea that I'm not sure I'm gonna do at all, just asking for good positionings for them :)

• Well I've heard the best things for tattoos is once you figure out the design you want wait at least a year. If you still like the design then, you probably won't regret it in the long run.

I don't really know the answers to your questions on where to put them. Do it where it makes sense to you.

• I like how you look and in saying that I would say, don't get a tattoo. Why? A man is a man, he's friggen gorgeous already, he doesn't need anything to add on to distract me from who he already is.

Tatttoos take away from who a person is for me and I'm sure many disagree with me.

Sorry that this goes against what you want but I thought to say it anyway.

• What could a dragon and rose personally mean to you? The You should really go on the opposite side of your chest that the G is going on. I'm planning to get a small-medium sized tattoo on the upper middle of my back, but for a guy's tattoo I'd definitely recommend it on either shoulder blade, an arm (if you have nice arms) or the back of your calf.

• upper arms or underside of your upper arms or something like this-->

link

or like this-->

link

link

i don't know why I have a thing for guys with tattoos...

I think it's really cool if a guy has a tattoo that is somewhere slightly visible, like when he's wearing a short-sleeved shirt...just drives me crazy!

• I'm not to fond of tattoos but usually the upper arm is best

• upper arm or back if you get one but remember get in a good place if you work

• just personally because you asked for opinion...that sounds like a hORRIBLE tattoo...

a dragon and a rose? it's a terrible cliche

what the hell could those things possibly represent to you that could not be expressed with clearer, more original symbols?

i men if your going to get something etched in ink onto your skin, you might as well make it original and unique,

• ps this is nothing personal...i just sincerely think you should think this through more.

• I think if you're asking this question in the first place you shouldn't get it done. Only get if you know that's what you want exactly, have no doubts and do not need feedback because it is what YOU want, not other people. Any tattoo I've had done I haven't asked a single person if I thought it was a good idea because I already knew that's exactly what I wanted. I'm an artist so all my tats are my design only.

• Nice, you pass the test! lol...

Who am I kidding, I won't even get a tattoo :D

• It's for life unless you have the money to get it removed which 10x more expensive and painful.

What Guys Said 5

• As long as it has a meaning you value, its good enough or something that won't change. On that note, never get a band tattooed on you, or any persons name until they are dead and can't change anymore XD. It has to be a constant, not a variable, type object/idea/thought.

I've got 5, already planning my next 2. Mine are religiously/tribal themes of the norse Pantheon (pagan german gods) and the one on my back is-in summary- my ancestry and some pagan symbols.

• Question 1-I have a tattoo that size, its on the left side of my chest, good location, hurts like hell lol

Question 2-No idea :(

• If I were to get a tattoo it would be my name and I would put it on my back. Like this guy link . Some other good real estate is the chest, pecks, and arms.

• I wouldn't get one but if I had to I'd get one on my pec or shoulder or upper back

• I would suggest you get a tattoo for a good cause, like autism. I plan on doing that myself.