Animal prints and wild patterns on prom dresses...

What is your opinion?

Personally, I don't like them! I think I will be looking at my prom pictures 20 years from now and think "wow what was I wearing?!"...I mean, they are just so 70's! Therefore, I am mad that they are the "in" thing for my prom.

Most Helpful Girl

• Ew animal prints and wild patterns on prom dresses? I definitely agree with you, that's so gay. :P Don't wear it if you don't like it, I don't fall for that "in" stuff, it just makes me feel like a follower. Wear according to your comfort and fashion-sense! :)

• Lol seriously! go look at some on google...its outrageous! But that's good advice, thanks! :)

What Guys Said 3

• Definite faux pas.

• Ha, I think you've got the right idea. Keep it simple. You want a dress that makes people say, "Wow what a beautiful girl!" -not- "what a stylish dress!" Classic beauty is timeless but styles fade in and out. .

• I really only like Zebra in moderation.

Anything else is a don't.

What Girls Said 5

• on the right type or person I think animal prints are fine, but its all about how you wear them and what you wear them with, you can very easily overdo the print

• Twenty years from now, you won't be looking back at your prom pictures, unless you did wear that animal print prom dress. You will have something to laugh at. Other wise, it is pointless (oh, unless you get pregnant and that is the only picture of the father you have).

• Why does it matter what's 'in'? Animal prints are classic. Wear what you like, not what everyone else seems to like.

• I don't like animal print in general, let alone on a prom dress. Isn't the goal usually to look elegant? I'm sorry, but leopard print isn't elegant.

For my prom, short dresses with poofy bottoms were in. Half the girls in my class wore those dresses in neon colors--it was painfully '80s.

• I agree 100%. Not only that they're going to be super dated in your pictures but I think they're already tacky as is. On anything else animal prints are okay. But a formal event like prom? No thank you.