Why do my thighs touch and my friend's doesn't?

We wear the same size 5 to 7 in jeans, and our legs are a similar size too. I am 2 inches taller and I also weight less but yet her thighs don't rub together and mine do! We both are hourglass shape.

Most Helpful Girl

• It all has to do with your hips. Do you have small hips? That is probably the issue. It is much easier for someone with wide hips to get a thigh gap. Some people have such wide hips that have a thigh gap even at a heavier weight. Some people with very small hip never have a thigh gap no matter how skinny they get (and thigh gaps have nothing to do with being bow legged. Thigh gaps are when you have a space between your thighs even when your knee's are touching).

An example of wide hips:

link

link

Example of small hips:

Karlie Kloss, even though she is extremely skinny she doesn't have a wide thigh gap like other models do.

link

link

What Guys Said 2

• It has to do with your legs and their shape, bone structure.

• She is bow legged, and you are normal.

What Girls Said 3

• Maybe on of you weights more

• It's all about bone structure and a little depends on inner thigh fat. I'm 5'7 and wear like a size one in jeans but my thighs still touch a bit, I don't have very wide hips.

• I'm 5'8" and my friend is 5'6". Ah you're so skinny. Lucky :(

• Y'all (sorry, I'm a Texan lol) aren't very far off in height so I'm sure it's just the difference in your hips. I like that my thighs touch personally..super skinny legs don't look appealing to me like a lot of other people seem to think. It fills out a little better.(: And it's physically impossible for me to gain weight without a doctor's help or something, so it depends on how you look at it. A 5-7 is just as good of a size.

• It mainly depends on your bone structure. Do you have hips that are more narrow? Then your thighs will most likely touch not matter what.