Should I be hurt: My boyfriend told me I look better with a weave

Just a little background: I'm black and my boyfriend is Latino. He hangs out all the time with his guy friends and some women too (all Latino). Now I had natural hair which my boyfriend never saw. He met me with a weave in my hair &r I didn't realize that could be why he liked me. I always dress up but I recently got a perm thinking of how I can wear my real hair out & he can put his hands in it & I'd have straight hair like most Latina women do.

So I went out with him after my perm and when he saw my hair he immediately said "Oh you look different with your hair like that" and I told him I wore my real hair so he could see it. On my way to meeting up with him guys kept trying to talk to me, they asked why I was looking so pretty etc (black & Latino guys were hitting on me that day). My boyfriend was the only guy turned off & he acted as if he didn't want to kiss me, hold my hand and all. I feel really hurt & I'm not sure how to take his honesty. My hair falls to my shoulders and looks a little thin but that's because they over-processed it. He told me he loves me no matter how I look but now I'm not sure. He says he wants to marry me but now I think of how I'd have to wear a weave for the rest of my life. Should I be hurt?

Most Helpful Guy

• He just doesn't like the look, that's all. Don't try to get the Latina hair look when you have black hair, you can never get that silky look.

What Guys Said 2

• should you be hurt? Not really, he's just giving you his opinion, though it is insensitive.

• What race is your boyfriend and his friends?

anyway you should ask him if he likes it being low key. maybe he was just surprised?

What Girls Said 2

• Remember all the attention you got after taking your weave out? Your boyfriend was the only one not feeling it.you even liked it but now you're questioning it because of him.the change may have been a shock, but obviously it looks good due to the reaction you got so I'm sure he'll come around. It's normal to feel hurt

• I think you should ask him directly. Ask him WHY your natural hair bothered him so much. Tell him that his sudden change in behavior confused you and that you need to know. If you are comfortable with your looks and he isn't, just keep it moving. There are far too many guys out there that will love you for you.