How can I look/seem older?

I just got a callback for a musical, and I will be playing a 28-year-old. The problem is that I'm only 19, and I don't want to let the role go to someone older just because they look more like the character. I already have the acting ability to play the character, I just want to know how to dress and what to do with my hair/makeup. I know there are makeup tricks to look older, but the only ones I see are for stage makeup with wrinkles and age spots, but I don't want it to look fake, and I only have to be 28. Any tips?

Most Helpful Girl

• Thicker and longer side swept bangs/fringe. Hair the length of elder women in TV shows like around the bust, that's more presentable. Darker eye makeup I guess? Not sure lol

What Guys Said 1

• I'd say the style of clothing would help..

What Girls Said 1

• Dreass how a 28 might and wear a little make up but not too much.maybe watching what not to wear will help?older women tend to have shorter hair so maybe curl your hair if you don't have a wig