Do guys even know how expensive hair removal is?

My boyfriend recently suggested "why don't you get waxed?" and I said "I always wanted to but I live off 250 $ a month, waxing is just not in my budget" So he said "no problem I'll pay for it"

I thought great let him pay for it. So before I went to waxing studio I asked him for the money. He was like "how much do you need?" and I said "I got 30 $ student discount, so 80 bucks" and he was like "waaaaht that much? sorry but that's not in my budget either.

Was just he being that ignorant to it, or do all guys expect us to smooth skin and have no idea what it costs?

Sure shaving is an option too, but some places are heard to reach yourself and you can't really see if you got everything. And of course the very next day the hair is back again

Most Helpful Guy

• If he has a problem with your hair, let him pay for it hahaha.

• Well he can't pay for it either, yet he complains sometimes and I don't think he is much different from most guys there.

Maybe he'll stop complaing now as he knows how expensive it is though

• really? hair doesn't bother you anywhere? her legs, underarms, pubic area ...?

• Nah, as long as she's not hairy like a gorilla haha. I insist on hair in the pubic area, being bare down there is just too weird for me.

What Guys Said 9

• Guys should know. Guess they don't. Think you are paying to much, even with legs, but who knows.

Place we use (in manhattan, new york), US$30/her, 35/me (pubic only). If we do it together, US$50/both. Get 5% discount, first return.

Most guys have no idea how much women spend on makeup, and such, or the time involved. Some of learn, sisters help.

• that is cheap. This was the cheapest salon I could find here. As I said in another comment I wanted a full leg wax plus brazilian or hollywood or how they call it (everything off) that was 65$ + 45$ - 30$ student discount.

I'm a bit dependent on salons in the area as I don't have a car and there isn't a really god public transport system here.

I agree guys should know and be a bit more sensetive towards it

• Well, she found this place. I forget how much doing her legs would have added, but her leg hair soft, fine, so shaving worked. I think one thing is they figure they got you, so keep the price high. We found more expensive places, and some that won't do guys at all.

• Most guys probably don't know the costs, but what we know is that a lot of those expenses to "look good" are unnecessary.

If he wants you to change your physical appearance (and you're okay with it) just let him know how much it costs before hand, and see if he's willing to pay for it.

• As we all know, "human" is the only species in the animal kingdom that tries to remove its own naturally grown body hair with strange products such as that. And it costs so much money to do something so unnatural. And it costs so much money. It wouldn't bother me if a girl was a little hairy, or a lot hairy. I accept her for who she is.

• Women don't know how hard it is for men to look good either. Takes us months and even years of hard work in the gym to look good, while women just need to not eat like a pig and do cardio. Also, women don't know how expensive it is to date and take women out.

• well most of us have been to restaurants or the movies before, so we get a pretty good idea of how much it costs. Plus guys are not expected to pay every time and those that do, I'm assuming can afford it.

Contrary to men's bodies, women's bodies are designed to store fat. of course staying lean seems easy from a mens perspective, but it actually require a whole lot more work

• you sir, are an ass.

• Not even. Getting in shape is very difficult. Sorry if anyone feels butt hurt because of it.

• I don't expect smooth skin but I had no idea it would cost 110 pre student discount. so yes I imagine most guys are ignorant on prices like that and no I don't expect girls to be perfectly smooth as long as their legs aren't as harry as mine.

• Of course we know how much it costs, we just forget it sometimes

• Nope I didn't have a clue.. but I would've guessed about 5$ xD Who would pay over 100$ to get waxed?! O.o

• really? 5$ that would be amazing, but it's far from realistic. Even if you just get your bikini line done it's usually three times as much or more

• Just remember that quite a few guys still like hair. So don't do laser removal like a couple of the silly b*tches below recommended. link

• so you don't mind hair even on the legs?

• maybe it's another point that many guys don't even realize that we remove leg hair too.

Once I'm out of college and have a job I will get lasered

• Yeah most guys although maybe not all realize that girls have leg hair and I would not mind a woman using laser for most of it but I could not handle it if she removed her pubic triangle/:

• Yeah, my family members have repeatedly let me know...

What Girls Said 13

• Oh f*** pretentious d***s who expect you to have smooth baby skin all the f***ing time ALL over your body. We're not 10 year old girls or not even f***ing p*rn stars are like that anymore. So I think this is important for all girls to hear, you're boyfriend does not have a say about how shaved you have to be. I'm not saying go chewbacca style, actually, if you want to, go chewbacca style. I'm just saying don't make a big deal out of this. And if he's being a jerk or judgmental in any way about how "hairy" or not you are, I say dump the son of a bitch. Because frankly the way I see it guys who make a big deal for bullsh*t like that, aren't really people you want to have in your life. Or we may just call them low-IQ-ed assfaces. It's hair, it's normal, everyone has it. Don't f***ing act like douchebags only because it's IN and modern and 21st century unacceptable to have hair anywhere.

• Personally I like girls all natural (but above all I like her to be comfortable with what she's doing). I also think women worry way too much about upper lip hair because I think it's sexy and would prefer there was no societal emphasis on removal of it, or any body hair for that matter. Only thing that bothers me is when women then turn around and want men to look as baby smooth as Justin Bieber (pun NOT intended). The only thing I ask is a girl be OK with a guy growing a big beard if he wants.

• Guys don't have any idea what girls go through to look good and how much it costs. I was talking to my boyfriend and his brother before a wedding and they thought that it cost more for them to look good for the wedding than us girls because they had to buy suit and shoes. They don't see all the strings working behind the screen or how much everything costs, they think a quick wax, small area = cheap, $20 max lol little do they know.

• ya I think he expected something like 20$ or even less too.

really? I thought it was common knowledge that even just a wedding dress is usually more expensive than a suit and shoes. And then all the other stuff, hair,make up, hair removal, lingerie...

lingerie is another thing, I think a lot of guys have no idea how expensive cute underwear can be

• It wasn't even the wedding dress it was just a nice dress that a guest wears to a wedding. They thought the expenses I paid were less than theirs but I had to buy the dress, which was strapless, so I needed to a get a strapless bra, the right underwear so you couldn't see it through the dress (panty lines) and then shoes and hair and jewellery etc.

They said "Well my tie cost a lot..."

"So did my necklace, alone"

• f*** no point in even trying to explain ):

• That's really expensive though...are you sure there aren't cheaper salons? I go to a decent salon and pay 30$ (if I convert it from my currency) at the ultimate most.

• well depends on what you want to get. I wanted a full leg wax plus brazilian or hollywood or how they call it (everything off) that was 65$ + 45$ - 30$ student discount.

And I don't know what country you live in but you can't always transfer currencies like that. Works well for most western countries, but for most other countries there is just too much difference. Like obviously the same service will be a lot cheaper in taiwan in USD

• that is great, I almost went to the college in capetown, but my parents wanted me to stay here. Guess I should have done it anyways

• No trust me, it's much better to stay where you are.. more problems than good here.

• Most do not know.

• Omg I know this isn't exactly what you were asking but I have a great solution for you!

What I do is like.. when you go to cvs or walmart or wherever, if you go to the section where there are razors, there's this box of wax strips called Veet and they work wonders.

And they are cheap. But they don't have a lot of oil wipes to get excess oil off so I suggest cotton puffs+regular oil (I use regular olive oil) and just rub/wipe off excess oil.

Cheap and nice! They work amazingly.

And for your underarms, it doesn't work as well so you have to put like a pack of ice or a cold cup of water to it to make the wax cool down before you rip it off it else it doesn't work and just hurts.

Not that painful and I love them.

I hope this helps some c:

• I have tried them, I don't think they work that great

• Guys have literally 0 idea how much it costs for girls to maintain how we look, literally 0.

Ask a guy do they know how long it takes to wash your hair (if you have long hair), see what he says.

• I never thought of washing my hair as a hassle but it's really annyoing durin sport sometimes. When you have to jump a lot so your ponytail keeps flying around, occasionally sticking to your sweaty shoulders.

I let my hair air dry though and it literally takes 5 hours until it's completley dry, so ya that's annoying

• Yes I do know that. More than half of what women do is to impress other women for some reason. And even when women do try to impress men they don't know how to do it.

• I never understood the looking good to impress other women while out on a date with a guy that a lot of girls do. It's one thing to do it around your friends, but guys aren't as big of fans of the "all dolled up" look as a lot of girls think we are.

• I use hair removing lotion and I think its easier than shaving except I hate the smell andits not resuable.if you buy your own waxing kit its a great investment

• Men have no idea when it comes to the cost of beauty, unless they get waxed etc...

Don't take offence. Laser hair removal is fantastic and I would recommend if and when your budget improves to go down this path.

• Instead of waxing try laser treatment for removal of hair. Laser hair removal is broadly accepted & it is generally less expensive. Using this treatment you can lose permanent hair and it is a painless treatment.

• Wow, I guess they really don't know. But try getting an epilator! It's a great investment

• Waxing is a pain (it hurts and the hair starts to show within like 2 weeks), I do laser hair removal. In the long run it is cheaper. Do the math $150 x 12 months for laser removal. Where as waxing is $45(12months x 20years).

• I said the same to myself cause if it is the wax I understood, it is cheap in my country then. Its 5 dollars or something like that. English is not my mother tongue so I'm sorry if I'm wrong. That waxing is something sticky right? If it is, its really easy that can be prepared even at home.

• ya you can prepare it home, I've done that too. It actually worked but a lot of places are just too hard to reach

• Okay then

• Men don't understand what we women do and spend to maintain ourselves.

• What is it that you understand about men? Amaze us with your acumen../:

• And women don't understand how much of that really is unnecessary. I actually think the all dolled up look that women spend many hours on is overrated.