I was born with a manly face... not very pretty. what should I do?

I know I am not very attractive and it really sucks. Guys never approach my age never me and I am 17... people tell me that I look like I am 20 and it just so happens that guys way older always hit on me. It's been this way since I was 15. The doctor said that because of my early development that people wouldn't treat me as a child; this has been true. I'm so tired of this... To top it all off I look like my dad and grandfather. I don't know how aspects of my life that I can fix, but I would at least like to make myself feel more feminine. Any tips, advice or some type of voodoo magic? I figure I get desperate I could smash my scull into the concrete, break my nose and have the doctor file down my forehead while he fixes my nose.

Most Helpful Guy

• - if guys older then you hit on you, you do not look bad. You may simply look mature for your age.

- I'm guessing you don't have white hair or wrinkles. From what you say, you simply have strong features, not 'girly' ones.

- as I said before, you are probably not UGLY - no guys would hit on you. You're just not 'cute' and 'girly'.

- When you're in your 20's, that will be less of an issue.

- My suspicion is, for what its worth, you may look better at 40,50,60. I know that's not much comfort now, but as people age, they lose their youthful fat, and their faces collapse. Women who've had a face lift have no wrinkles, but don't look young because they lack that fat. Stronger features actually age better then 'tiny cute ones' which rely heavily on baby fat to look good.

Get your body in good shape if its not, get a flattering and feminine hair style, learn to do your makeup well (not obsessively, just which touches make the most impact on you). If you're getting approached you DO NOT look bad. Just maybe not 17. But there's no reason to think you're going to keep looking older and older. You just look mature.

There's a girl I talk to on here who is 20ish, she looks more like ... mid-late 20's to me, but I strongly suspect she's going to look exactly the same in 15 years.

Work with what you've got.

What Guys Said 3

• being pretty is not just from the outside, if you are pretty from inside you will definitely have a decent boyfriend .. we all are going to be old after 5 or 7 or 10 years .. but morals and personality stays young all the way with us .. if I were you iwouldn't care much about shape I will focus on my talents my studies and become a briliant person .. but if it worries you that much ..use makeup to look younger ..cines people do it all the time ,check it on YouTube.

still I thnk being pretty from inside is more valuable

• That sucks. I'm sorry to hear about that. This is why I'd rather look younger than older. As for your problem, I guess social groups and clubs will help you improve your self-esteem. As for guys, they are too shallow for you anyway if they don't like you for you.

• What should you do? Be proud of how you look...

What Girls Said 6

• I was born with a manly face... not very pretty. what should I do?

Probably best to:

- work on your body as some guys would consider a butterface

- become or act extremely feminine to counter your masculine face

- approach unattractive guys as they'd likely be more inclined to consider you

- be more sexually accomodating to guys as in do things you don't want for his pleasure.

Any tips, advice or some type of voodoo magic?

Perhaps plastic surgery

• Makeup and hair can fix almost everything.

Watch 500000 YouTube videos on how to do hair and makeup, practice a lot, and you, too can be pretty :)

• Guys way older hit on everyone, they hit on me too. You may simply do your hair different or dress different than the average teenage.

I'm sure your face is not that bad. After all some guys do hit on you and guys your age are usually hormone driven idiots anyways.

Dress feminine, grow long hair if you haven't already, do your nails, apply some make up. I know it sounds harsh, but statistics show that guys care more about the body than the face anyways

• You still have time to grow maybe try a different hair style

• Makeup can probably help you somewhat

• Go to a makeup artist

Tell them your concerns

Take notes