Why do some girls wear such a stupid amount of make up?

They start with the fake tan, then the peroxide blond hair, they chuck in a ridiculous lipstick, unrealistically long eye lashes, bright frigging blue eyeshadow. They end up looking like an alien or a clown ! What possesses them ? Do they really think it does it for a man ?

Most Helpful Girl

• They do it because they like the way it looks. I'm not a big fan of too much make up, but after a while you get like..addicted to it, I guess.

Those are the type of girls (and the boys who like them) who you see on the internet on pictures with comments like: "does he have Nutella spread all over his face?".

They think it looks hot. They think it turns guys on because they look "like..supergirly".

Ok, I like long eyelashes, fake ones I don't mind though I don't wear them. I can live with a fake tan as long as you don't look like burned cheese and it looks kinda "natural".

Btw, who doesn't fancy an alien or a clown, they're the total new Barbies! ^^

What Girls Said 17

• Some girls might not know what they are doing and don't realize less is more. Some women might like it and are just having fun with makeup, maybe some of them are self conscious and they honestly think what they did looks better than their natural self. I couldn't assume anything though, everyone has different things going on in their life that makes them do all sorts of things. To each their own.

• Why do some girls wear such a stupid amount of make up ?

Likely because they find it attractive or because they think guys find it attractive.

What posseses them?

Possibly:

- they find it attractive

- vanity

- adhering to the high unrealistic youth/beauty standards for gals

Do they really think it does it for a man?

It does appeal to many guys as:

- fake tan = healthy skin in many cultures

- peroxide blond hair = light hair particularly blond has been repeatedly shown to be preferred

- ridiculous lipstick = bright lips particularly pink/red suggests fertility/youth

- unrealistically long eyelashes = long eyelashes suggests fertility/youth

- bright frigging blue eyeshadow = calls attention to herself and her eyes

• Several factors:

1.) makeup looked good in the lighting where she did her makeup but not elsewhere

2.)insecurity

3.)ignorance

4.)they enjoy looking like an alien or clown

i don't think every lady does her makeup for men. I do it to make myself feel better. I still let my flaws show through though because I feel it looks the most natural and I am comfortable with myself, flaws and all.

• Because the reality of it is, while you guys on here complain about the look, the girls who do all of that are typically the attractive, bubbly girls who have no problems getting male attention, a boyfriend or maintaining a steady relationship.

The girls do it because it makes them happy and they've not encountered problems with it. They aren't seeking to date guys who *claim* to have a problem with it--they're seeking guys who like them for them(and plenty do).

I know in the online world guys hate these girls and unattractive plain janes feel jolly to hear such disdain for these styles, but it's like that for a reason: the girls with peroxide blond hair, cake face makeup etc, are typically attractive and get male attention on the reg.

• Attractive ? Lol, really ?

• lmao

idk

I've always heard it was photoshopped. She was just a pretty girl and some people photoshopped it/edited it and made it look 10x worse

• After seeing that I hope it is photoshopped.

• maybe they think it makes them look pretty.

When I wear makeup I feel more pretty.

When I feel more pretty I feel more happy.

When I feel more happy I have a better time wherever I am.

• Does it for a man? Hmm.. I think they it does it for themselves! Rather than for a man or men in general. They do it, and they like what stares back from a mirror so they keep doing it. If they didn't like what they see, I doubt they'd keep doing it.

Just like how you dress the way you do and the way you do your hair. Do you do it because it does it for women? I'd think not, more like how it does it for you! It's what YOU like and what you feel good in, right?

Anyway, some people do look extremely ridiculous the way they do their makeup, dress, or style their hair, etc. Yet, that's how they wear it because it's what makes THEM feel good/comfortable, and not necessarily for someone else.

• Yeah people do it for themselves but the reason is still to feel attractive to your preferred sex, to look presentable in your career and to feel like your fitting into societies norms and ideals among other reasons.

• Yes, but the reason you keep dressing/styling the way you do is because YOU feel that that's the way you look good/presentable to others. If you look good to yourself, you think others will see the same. And if they don't, then those people are not worth your time. Someone's gotta like you/ your style. Just because 99.9 percent of the population doesn't like how you style yourself, doesn't mean the remaining percent won't like it either, or that you should dress/style according to their liking.

• Because they think they look good. That could be the only explanation.

• I don't wear make up at all, only lip gloss/ balm to stop my lips from drying out. I'm glad you think it's ridiculous :)

• To cover up insecurity

• Too much influence from watching jersey shore.

Seriously though I agree. Girls who apply their makeup like that just look trashy.

• It was on sale

• Eye of behodler

• To enhance their assests

• Lol some of them are insecure, so putting on make ups generally make them feel more secure? Some think they actually look prettier with these colors and all..

I personally don't put make ups at all, even if I do I only use them minimally to occasions which I have to look my best..

Nothing possesses them. Lol. They may be influenced by all these make up tutorial videos and stuff. I can't really judge cos I really feel for them if they are insecure bout themselves. :/

Some like putting on huge amounts of make up. Girls are creative. Haha so fav past times? May make them feel like artists themselves. :)

• Some also don't know any better. Perhaps no one has told them they look like a clown.

My family has no qualms telling me about my appearance.

• Some girls do it because they are really insecure so they do it to make themselves feel better.

• They belong to a culture that believes these things are beautiful and/or nobody showed them how to be subtle with their makeup/hair. Also, some guys find "flashy" or "trashy" girls attractive because it's the norm for them. My boyfriend, for example, pesters me about getting peroxide blond hair all the time...I have no idea why.

What Guys Said 5

• I noticed something.. when I was out in the mid-west why do so many girls wear so much eye liner?

• I don't think these girls go on GAG either.

• INSECURITY. some of them feel worthless and turn into attention whores

• its fun to them.

• I don't know..but I would never date them..o.O