Why do I seem smaller than I really am?

I've had people who've only seen my pictures think I'm really tiny, and my boyfriend says that if he had to say how tall he thinks I should be based on my personality, that I'd be around 5'4". In reality, I'm about 6'0".

My boyfriend also says he thinks I look 15, when in reality, I'm 20. Most people think I'm older than that though. Why would people think that?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's hard to tell from a picture, but you have a fresh faced innocent look about you that might make people think you're younger. Time will take care of that 'problem.'

As for your size, that's hard to understand. Maybe you're long legged and sitting down, you don't seem so tall?

What Guys Said 4

• Pictures don't show height very well. Tall thin women just look super petite yet magically proportional with nice legs.

Which is why so many models are tall.

• Count yourself lucky. The years change things.

• Taller people are generally considered older by strangers and you don't look short at all from your pictures.

• It has to be your personality, like he said

What Girls Said 5

• From the looks of your profile pictures you have a very petite body which 6'0" tall women don't normally have. Taller women usually have larger frames.

As far as age goes, I don't think you look 15. I think your style gives you a more "been around the block" (in life, not necessarily sexually) look so hence people thinking you look older.

• You look taller to me in your pictures. Maybe people just tend to associate your clothing style/look with short, slight hipster girl stereotypical look.

The style looks like someone in their 20's, but you do have a more youthful completion. Hence all the age confusion.

I get a lot of that age confusion too. People have been thinking I was around 19 since I was 14...I guess I've been "19" for 10 years now.

• It's because you're thin, you have big eyes and a fresh face, all attributes of a teen. I think people usually assume you're short in pics because your neck seems a little short, making you seem a lot smaller than you may be. You look like a 20 y/o to me though.

• I'm really bad at telling height from pics or TV but I don't think you can base height on personality

• Hmm.. How odd... ?

The girl in the pics looks freakishly tall.