How can you make your butt and hips look smaller?

I don't have a big butt -_- but my hips are kind of there ya know. My measurements being 37-25-37

I want the illusion of them being smaller

Particularly in jeans & skirts

NO SPANX, but I do know they work wonders

Advice?

Can girls please answer? I'm looking for FASHION advice not preferences and opinions

Most Helpful Girl

• Usually a busy/colorful top and plain/dark bottom will do the trick. A-line skirts, bootcut or flare jeans also help elongate legs and balance them out. Also with jeans, it's better to stay away from the ones that are faded on the thighs and have busy pockets.

• Forgot to add: straight-leg jeans are also good, and keep your distance from most cropped pants as they tend to make legs look stubby and calves fat.

• One more thing: maxi skirts are my personal favourite. They always make me look taller and conceal my legs, which is also a problem for me. I also just like the look of them.

What Guys Said 10

• What happened to your face?

You can lose weight, both fat and muscle with extreme dieting, but you cannot do anything about your bone structure, which you seem to be describing.

Maybe you should be happy with your body and be done with it.

• uh, it's not me & this has nothing to do with me trying to change my body

I asked this in the STYLE section for a reason

• Well your question had different details in it, and then it was changed to this fashion theme you have going. You specifically had details in there about having your hip bones reduced and now it's not there.

• THIS question did not. If you're asking about my previous question from like a month ago, that's irrelevant

• Wide hips and a round butt are synonymous with the natural shape of a woman. Nothing beats natural beauty. Why obsess about that? Chicks with rail thin, skeletal bodies look so gross and unappealing.

• DAMN GIRL! You're pretty tan.

lol personally I don't ever use measurements so I have no idea unless you posted a picture of yourself/your body or some one else/similar body it's hard to tell. A nice looking ass can be bigger, there's a limit but most are pretty nice. I haven't seen a 'pair' of hips that are a turn off unless of course the girl/woman is morbidly obese..

• 1) The picture is not of me

2) Well why answer if you have nothing to contribute to my question.

• Lol agree bro. Although I doubt that is her.

• ok ignorant Frostie, the girl in the pic is biracial. I know you have a problem with race mixing, but keep your stupidity to yourself

you missed the pic he was talking about retard

• lose weight

dark colors

• Stop thinking about them. Seriously, guys don't go around with a measuring band. Why would you want them to be smaller anyways? We LIKE hips.

• You really need to stop this whole body obsession. No offense but I think your way too hard on yourself. I know that didn't answer your question. But iv seen so many of yours comparing measurments and body parts and saying how you hate your nipples lol

• These high skirts that go wide help, right?

• You look like you have the proportions. But one way to make them look smaller would be to work on your shoulder in the gym. Making them bigger to even out your lower half.

• You look like a Ganguro

• Wide hips are hot, why on Earth you want to make them smaller?

What Girls Said 7

• The main thing I do is avoid busy patterns near the hips. Also no horizontal stripes. Bootcut jeans, a-line tops/dresses

• dark colors with a looser, lighter colored top.

• If you want to avoid looking wide, you need to avoid high waisted items, because they accentuate your hips and butt. See, I have a smaller butt and no smaller hips. I want to appear like I have that bigger, so I would wear items that are higher along my waist. I also have a longer torso, so I would either wear shorter shirts, or tuck my shirts in. What you can do is find out which models have a similar body type to you and see what style looks good on their body. Don't follow their style, but get ideas from them. It's always easier to get an opinion from some friend what suits you too.

When wearing jeans, you should wear jeans that sit on your hips, not on your waist. Also avoid really tight jeans and jeans that have shades on them. You want a one shade and darker colors and maybe boot cut jeans? That's an option though.

I hope I managed to help you a bit. If you need to ask for some more tips, do :)

• I find it so hilarious that users still think that's you. HAHA

I honestly don't know what can make your ass look smaller. I hear wearing anything that is black make you look slimmer/smaller/slender.

Aerobic exercises could potentially make your bum smaller.

link - This might help? I didn't read the article. xD

• There are jeans that have the sides darker that always give the illusion of smaller...adidas pants too with those stripes on the sides...

Also flare pants and never use skinny as it does the opposite I know cause I have this body type

• Wearing tight underwear a size too small helps

• cosmetic surgery or reduce your cals.