What do you guys and girls think of plastic surgery?

I have been thinking of getting a nose job,I have a flat and broad nose bridge ,then big nose,I'm an Asian,but my other siblings they are beautiful I'm the only one that is not that flattering enough. My parents aren't that excited about this because by doing this as if I'm changing whatever God has given me and being an ungrateful human,so before I do any further research or anything I really need advice or opinions?Money is not a problem in this case.

Most Helpful Girl

• I feel indifferent towards anyone who wants to get plastic surgery. It's their business. Living in a world where your looks play such a big role I can't blame anyone for feeling the pressure. Some people won't understand that because they either don't see looks as top priority or they don't have self confidence/ self accepting issues. Don't let anyone make you believe that plastic surgery is a dirty word. Plastic surgery has improved so much and if your doctor does it well then no one will even notice. Reading from the guys's comments it's almost like they assume they would be able to tell whether it has been modified or not and whether it's fake or not but what they don't realize is that they most probably wouldn't have even known in the first place what went down if it was done properly. There are definitely a lot more people who has had it than you would ever imagine. It's not like you get one thing done and suddenly your entire face looks like some kinda disaster and now you have fakeness written all over you. That's nonsense.

Secondly you have to do what will make YOU happy. You know how you feel about yourself and how you'd imagine you'd feel afterward. It's really a personal matter that no one can judge you on because only you know how much you want it and how much it's bothering you. If you can in all honesty say that you feel like your appearance is standing in the way of you living life with happiness then I'd say go for it. Just make sure that you don't fall into the trap by thinking that adjusting that your entire life will change. That's unrealistic but if plastic surgery can make you wake up every morning and make you feel more happier than I see in no way how that's wrong.

Being Christian I can tell you that I think God has nothing to do with this. Yes He made you a certain way but God also doesn't want you to feel miserable all the time that keeps you from living the life He wants you to live. Society changes. The times we live in have changed and sometimes adjustments are going to have to be made. In the Bible there's seldom referenced to appearance. I sort of see that as a sign that God doesn't play the emphasis on your looks but rather at your heart which makes perfect sense. God doesn't care about how you look but what's inside because that's what means the most to Him. So in other words, if you want to get a nose job then I'm really sure God is not going to hold such a thing against you. Besides, people get nose jobs who have breathing problems as well. Is that considered wrong too? I don't think so. It's called medical advancement and new technology which can better our quality of life.

What Guys Said 7

• I am not usually a fan of cosmetic surgery (you are going to get me in trouble with Ms Texas...AGAIN!../:/:) but I totally understand why you would want this... I mean look what fools some females make of themselves over makeup...males ARE very visual...we usually date looks first and hope that our personalities mesh or the relationship works out...and try not hate us for that..I cannot help the way I am programmed..I did not choose to be this way...and females are confusing...even to an older guy such as myself that interacts with females constantly...females are always ranting about how they look the way THEY choose...but then they go to byzantine lengths..do they not? Keep in mind that your genes will not change...so..presumably your offspring might need a nose job as well? Females on this site spend half of their time trying to shut me down or otherwise let me know that my opinion is not important...but you seem to be asking for my blessing? Well...ok..You Have It! (:(:(:(:(:(:(:

• You're the one who has to live with this decision, so it's really, really important that you search your own feelings about this, fully and deeply. Life is waaaay more than what you see in the mirror, and it's waaaay more than what others might be thinking about your physical appearance. Personally I'm a big fan of unmodified bodies. Regardless of the part of the bodies, keep it stock. Make it you. And love it :)

• If you feel it's worth it, do it. do what makes you happy.

• I like my girlfriend to be confident of who she is. I don't condone plastic surgery unless it is required to fix a serious medical problem (such as breast reduction to reduce stress on the spine from extremely large breasts such a a g-cup).

• Hate when someone changes their body from natural to FAKE!

• Not a problem to me

unless it means I have to pay for it...that's unattractive

and if she's already hot and wants to be hotter that's unattractive

• plastic surgery for cosmetics is unnatural. you might think it is OK but look at your face a couple years later. plastic surgery will give negative effect to your face.

but anyone can take plastic surgery if their face was really damaged after accident. so its considered emergency.

What Girls Said 6

• A LOT of people all around the world get nose jobs and other plastic surgery, but personally, I find it kind of sad that so many of these surgeries are based on looking less "ethnic" and trying to look more "white", whatever that means.

I find a lot of Asian girls with flat noses to be super cute, personally.

If you're not sure, then wait until you are 300% sure you want to do it, and even then, go to someone who has done a lot of noses like yours and made them look exactly how you want. Try to go to someone who will let you meet their clients so you can have PROOF they will do it right.

I have also seen a few botched nose jobs and that's obviously something you want to be sure to avoid.

• What do you guys and girls think of plastic surgery?

I think it's a worthwhile investment for some gals as gals seem to be considered pretty things whose value and worth is measured by youth/beauty.

So before I do any further research or anything I really need advice or opinions?

Probably best suited not to tell any potential romantic/sexual male partners. Seems guys want attractive gals and have high unrealistic expectations however most want a naturally attractive gal.

• At face value, surgery is unattractive, a turn-off and deal breaker. But let's be honest: if the nose ruins the face(which it can, just a misaligned jaw can), then surgery will only help you in the looks department. Nose jobs aren't even obvious--so many people have had them it's ridiculous

Honestly, do ALL of the research possible and talk to multiple surgeons. DON'T base your decision off of girlsaskguys. I know the common attitude on here is "surgery is a deal breaker and girls who've had surgery are fake bitches" but at the end of the day, there's a world much bigger than the close minds on here.

If you're going to do it or not do it, base it off of your needs or desires--not us

• I don't think its needed unless you were in an accident-like bear ate part of your face or something extreme like that

• it is your choice really if it will make you a lot happier and you are prepared to deal with it then fine

• My big nose never stopped me from getting called pretty or getting a boyfriend. I was teased so much and contemplated getting it fixed so many times but I don't have the money. I don't think it's a big deal anymore. I actually got scared at the thought that I wouldn't be the same person anymore or what if I didn't like my new nose. If you are close to God then you shouldn't know that he thinks you are beautiful. Once I started seeing myself like God sees me then I started to get more confidence.