Do you think it's awkward if the boyfriend is shorter then the girlfriend?

If the boyfriend is shorter then the girlfriend? This guy I really like (who Is going to ask me out..His best friend told me..) is about the same height as me maybe a centimeter or two shorter... But he's a year older than me.. Is that just awkward?

Most Helpful Girl

• I guess it can look a bit different and if you are wearing high heels it can feel a bit different having a guy who is shorter than you.

But same height or slightly shorter can be nice as kissing is very easy on both of you and it is easy to keep eye contact.

What Guys Said 6

• Nope. Height is generally not a very important factor when it comes to liking girls.

• link you tell me

• It should not be. This is too easy.

• It is awkward. In almost none of couples the girl is taller than the guy.

Although.. one of my buddies used to be quite a bit shorter than his girlfriend - he was to her shoulders, but that was years ago, right now they're the same height.

• if you really like him then I don't think height should matter, honestly it doesn't really change anything... But that's in my opinion.

• Not at all

What Girls Said 4

• It just depends on your own personal preference...

If you're dating someone (or not dating someone) just because you're afraid of what others may think, you have bigger problems other than just being too tall.

Personally, if I see a guy shorter than 6'10" I immediately think BAD GENES - Yes, it's shallow, but it's just my animal instincts (we've all got em') - but then again, I'm a moderately tall female (5'7") so I'm attracted to taller than average men.

• I really like your question.. I'm nearly 5'9'' and my brother asked me the other day when we were out why I don't wear heels (like the other chicks at the bar). I could only respond by saying it would make me feel too awkward...too...large, less feminine? But if your height is THAT close to the guys, I wouldn't worry about it!

• haha yeah my bro asks me that too! But he is like 6'4.. and I'm 5'3... lol

• nope. I seen some guys who has model girlfriends, with the girlfriend wearing heels as well. it's okay.

• if you really like him, why not. follow your heart. but make sure you really like him...not just a crush.