My hair is really damaged..any advice?

I have long, brown hair which is really damaged according to my hair dresser. She suggests I buy some more products but to be honest I don't have the money! ...And I don't want to cut my hair cos I love the length it is now.

are there any tricks or tips I could use to make my hair look and feel healthier?

Most Helpful Girl

• There are always home recipes to remedy your hair. If you have the products in your kitchen already, you won't have to spend anything. Most people say that home-made hair recipes are actually better for your hair because unlike store bought products, they don't contain the extra chemicals/dyes/preservatives. Depending on what kind of damage you're talking about (heat damage, dryness, breakage/split ends, flat, frizzy, etc), there's most likely something natural and cheap to fix it. I've done this and I prefer to make my own hot oil treatments instead of buying them. I've made my own deep conditioners and can honestly say they make a huge difference.

Just pick you're problem and then google a home remedy for it. Example: Home recipe to fix dry hair.

You can fix almost any hair ailments with olive oil/coconut oil, eggs, mayonnaise, avocado, honey, lemon, milk, bananas, and other common kitchen ingredients.

Also, sometimes the damage is at the ends, so you can't be afraid to cut it if that helps. Just make it a point to clip your ends every 6 or so weeks that way you're getting rid of the damage slowly without losing any noticeable length.

Make sure you take into consideration that a hairstylists job is to make money so you may not have any big issues with your hair at all and she might have been trying to sell you on a product..

Hope I've helped a bit!

• " Make sure you take into consideration that a hairstylists job is to make money so you may not have any big issues with your hair at all and she might have been trying to sell you on a product."

Bull's eye hit!

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 6

• im a hairstylist and a trick I found that works (cuz I have curly hair, which gets damaged easily) is using only conditioner, like when you wash your hair only use shampoo maybe once or twice a week and only use conditioner. the shampoo strips your hair of it natural oils and the conditioner conditions it. by using only the conditioner, it acts like a shampoo in the sense that it cleans it but it doesn't strip your hair like shampoo does. I have been doing this with my hair for 8 months now, and I can totally tell a difference. of course this is something they never tell you because they want you to buy products, but it definitely works :-) hope that helps!

• Olive oil treatment or a mayonnaise mask both apparently do wonders.

• Long damaged hair isn't attractive...just cut it off and start fresh

nothing can repair damage or undo the damage that's been done.

• Don't use a lot of products conditioner is all you need

• Use eggs

• Trim the edges..and eat healthy your hair will look so much better!