Easily one of the most over-asked-about topics : tattoos, piercings, brands, etc., your take?

I've been thinking about them recently because I plan on getting my second one done at the end of the week. Anyway, I came across a fb page that said the military was trying to ban tattoos amongst its personnel. I thought it's weird since tattoos have been sort of a military thing for some time, so I came here, and I saw so many people (mostly guys) disliked tattoos/piercings (especially on girls). Tell me, why is that? Are some men still inexplicably sexist in this generation or is it simply most individuals are closed to the endless possibilities and beautifully grotesque wonders of body modification?

Most Helpful Guy

• When I say I don't like tattoos on women, it means that I find them a turnoff. I'm certainly not against women's right to get tattoos, I just prefer them without tattoos. As far as I know, the military (in Canada, I don't know the US policies) doesn't allow tattoos on the face or anything discriminatory.

What Guys Said 2

• I just have never like tats on a girl. I can't help it...I've tried to deal with it, but I just like the traditional look. To me it's just not lady-like. I know that sounds crazy, but it's just what I like.

The Marine Corps will not accept any recruit with tatts below the elbow. As always if there is anything gang affiliated it's a no go as well.

• I think on average, females like tattoos a lot more than males do..males love a female's skin and we often think of it as something like sacrilege to see them mar and disfigure their lovely skin..I think young girls are always talking about tattoos and that gives them the idea that guys like tattoos as well. If you wear an ugly dress, then this is just for the day..plus it can come off...but tattoos are something that I have to look at all the time...maybe forever../:/:/:

What Girls Said 1

• I usually don't like to see tattoos on people because I see sily ones like a lady working at a store had pink hearts behind her ear.and is it really worth stretching out your ears then say oh I wish I could wear regular earrings.