Hideous girls in high school that have become drop dead gorgeous? Why does this happen?

I'll see extremely hot women in high school, who have become hideous while extremely hideous girls in high school that have become drop dead gorgeous

What has to happen for these things occur

Most Helpful Girl

• They are late bloomers. I was one of these people. Guys in high school didn't look twice at me, but after I left school I guess I 'developed' more, and they suddenly became very friendly -_-. I would never give them the time of day though.

also

link

• lol no, I've just always liked them. They aren't as loud and idiotic.

• Because you know they're in right now

What Girls Said 9

• It has a lot to do with lifestyle and the way the girls carry themselves. In high school the gorgeous girls all party hard, binge drink, experiment with drugs and probably have a lot of sex with different guys. After a while the drugs and alcohol (and tanning) take their toll on their looks and the promiscuity takes its toll on the image they project.

Also people mature and look for different things in the opposite gender at different stages of their lives. What you found attractive two years ago likely isn't what you find attractive now.

Another thing is that leaving high school often serves as a wake up call. The school environment, the cliques, the peer pressure is all gone. You can be whatever you want to be. Most people change their look to some extent after leaving school.

• People grow up, they change, they develop. Some people gain weight, others lose. Some people grow into their features, or change up their look. People will buy new clothes, change their attitude, etc...

There are so many ways people change from high school. I had an ugly duckling stage in public school, just as I was going into high school. It was hard, but late high school and up to now I have had people's jaws drop because they couldn't believe how much I have changed since then!

Sometimes people just go through and awkward stage during high school and then grow out of it. Some people go through a great stage in high school where they are pretty and then once they get older they let themselves go.

• Learned how to take better care of themselves

Got more confident

Went from a caterpillar to a butterfly

Didn't want to be ugly in their adult years

Weren't really hideous but their low status made them appear more ugly than they really were

Aged badly due to partying and tanning

High school was highlight of their life so everything was down hill from there

Kids

Failed relationships/depression

Metabolism slowed down

They weren't really that pretty naturally but their social status made them appear/seem more beautiful

• Some people are late bloomers and some people reach their peak in high school. Luckily I was a late bloomer. The girls most guys find attractive in school were the ones who matured quicker, but that also has its downside as they continue to do so. The same goes with guys, they'll be attractive and suddenly become beer bellied porkies after graduation. Also I notice that the hot girls who hung with the hot guys who drank and did drugs would also drink and do drugs so that affects their appearance as well.

• The " hot girls" prob faked baked a lot and wore crap loads of makeup so they prob damaged their skin. Prob ran through the entire football team and whored themselves out so they started to look worn out. Or were ugly on the inside and it started to seep out. The "ugly" girls prob were smart and went to college and began taking care of themselve and prob have good jobs now and have become more confident. These are just all total presumptions.

• Not old enough to experience that but I heard that happens to guys too.but I think its more true for woman.Like my mom looks so much better the older she got...hopefully I don't turn hideous though I'm not extremely hot

• puberty and maturity

• The pretty people get lazy, the ugly people finally have the courage "improve" themselves.

• Plastic surgery

What Guys Said 1

• You changed.

They changed.