Always feel yourself looks uglier in photos?

A lot of people said they feel uglier when look themselves in photos, this happens to me ,too. I was told I'm pretty but I rarely see it in photos.And I actually think other people looks exactly the same as in real life as in photos.So my conclusion is that IS what I actually look like in real life,and I feel it has nothing to do with pretty...But I have been told by a lot of boys that I'm pretty...So basically everyday I need to tell myself that the photos are lies and you're actually pretty and I basically cheat myself everyday to boom confidence.

Most Helpful Girl

• a lot of people look uglier in photos. a photo taken at a bad second can make an attractive person look bad.

part of what makes us attractive is how we move and interact, a picture can't capture that especially if you are a pretty person who smiles and poses poorly for photos it can make you look ugly

certain things photograph poorly like wearing no makeup washes you out a TON in photos, the wrong kind of makeup or too thick eyeliner just looks heinous in photos, and in general makeup shows up slightly less in photos than in person making a person who wears fairly natural makeup that's nice in person washed out in pictures

it also highlights our bad features like a lack of sleep

also a bad angle can ruin it

some people also just photograph better. remember the camera is not nearly as powerful as the human eye so the human eye sees things differently and more nicely in a way the camera cannot capture. this is also why some people may look better in videos than photos

people with even straight features tend to photograph better even if the person is not that attractive in person.

so yeah...it is common I definitely look better in person a lot of people do it doesn't mean you are ugly besides in person matters more unless you are a model

and even an unphotogenic person can get a good picture taken. it may take more help with some people than others

What Guys Said 5

• I think the problem here is your self-perception. You don't feel you are pretty, so you simply see your pictures as not pretty.

But if other people are saying you are pretty, especially boys, then that sort of means you are to some boys at least. Start by being happy with who you are, and ultimately it does not matter.

• While some people compliment me on how I appear in pictures, I think they do a very poor job of capturing how I look/act. Pictures always feel so fake and postured to me. They are not my natural character I guess you could say. I think my behavior, and all my little facial expressions and actions are what tend to make me "attractive". Whether it is my quirky/cute playful side, my more seductive silent type side, or confident domineering side, etc. none of that seems to be captured in photos for whatever reason. It's usually just some cheesy smile that doesn't even feel like my real smile. =P That personality and charisma is what tends to hook girls and make me attractive. Pictures are an injustice for me. =D

• i hate it when people judge someones beauty based on a picture .. a picture is just a one second shot its usually not your best moment

• Most people I know now edit their photos so they look better. most of the time the pictures look better than the person ever could in reality.

• I feel like I do. Look ugly as hell haha

What Girls Said 5

• when I take them myself,yes,but I actually look pretty close to what I look like in the mirror if the camera is good and it's taken by another person. so try getting someone with a good camera to take your picture (no flash,good lighting,quality camera)

• Ya esp in school photos but I don't care because I know its just a still motion where I tried to smile for longer than usual

• yeah, I look like a troll in photos, yet my family and some older people tell me I'm attractive...makes me think that they are lying, and they most probably are.

• I think the reasons pictures look uglier is because they're forced. And you could just be being hard on yourself. You probably don't look as ugly in pictures as you think. I know when I take a picture I think its super ugly and others will tell me that it looks super pretty. Same with other people who think a picture is really ugly, I'll think it's pretty. Pictures could also be taken at a bad angle. So just because you look ugly in pictures doesn't mean your ugly in real life.

• i totally agree!

other people on pics look like they always look I look absolutelly ugly in most pics although a lot of guys like me and I am always wondering why...

also I have tumblr and always see these models who just look so perfect I know some pics are photoshoped but some aren't and they still look flawless :(