Need a website?

My friend and I went shopping today and she was looking for a dress. The dresses that fit her around the waist don't fit her chest. Those that fit her chest are too baggy around the waist and she doesn't like them. Any women know a site (for plus girls) that has bigger chest size than normal? Or even a site that isn't expensive and does custom clothes?

Most Helpful Girl

• i have the same problem, my chest is size 12-14, my hips are a size 10, and my waist is a size 6-8 it's impossible to buy clothes. all I can suggest is look at dresses where the waist is around the rips, rather than being lower, and that ideally has a bow in the back so that you can tie it however tight you need to =] but sometimes, like when you're shopping for something like a prom gown and you've fallen in love with a dress but you're a combination of sizes, you have to take it to the taylor and have it taken around the waist. it's not that expensive and it's a pretty easy job assuming there's not a ton of ruffles or beading. link does carry clothes for busty women, that's were I got my bathing suit =D

• Not sure what size she wears or what you were talking about with the rips. I do know she hates dresses with bows. I have picked on dress that I would love for her to wear but the low cut shows too much skin for her taste. I checked out the site, she is more conservative and probably wouldn't go for those dresses. But thanks. :)

• Okay, I believe I have this dress sizes thing down now (after a call to a female friend of mine). She is 18/20 though I don't know the bust size off hand (but they are DD just don't know the measurement). I have checked out onestopplus.com, avenue.com, and plussize.about.com. It isn't for prom, I'm guessing office casual or conservative evening dress.

• I think you're gonna have to go to the taylor

What Girls Said 3

• The best thing to do is buy something she likes and have it altered to fit. Most alterations are really cheap and will make the clothing look very nice. I've had a similar problem (as my butt never seems to want to fit in anything right) so I just get things taken it/out where needed by a local chick. She charges a lot less, too.

• try fashionbug, or torrid they carry plus size stuff, and most of them are pretty inexpensive depending on the clothing

• this one ,custom clothes by joobay.com

link

What Guys Said 1

• I don't know but, when I tell my fiance "I don't know" she says "I'm going to ask The Guys!". I hate it, but they seem to have good info. They are at link

Good luck finding that dress!