Do girls see potential in guys?

So girls if you saw a guy do you sometimes think that a guy would look good if he got a hair cut, shaved, dressed better, etc.

Also would you ever tell a guy what he could do to look better if he asked or not?

Most Helpful Girl

• I see potential of our future but not really how they look.

However, I did improve my first ex's fashion sense by buying him clothes he wouldn't normally buy (my mum also wanted to improve his fashion sense) and he then caught onto fashion a bit more and his fashion sense improved.

My second ex had pretty scruffy, messy hair and he wouldn't cut it right so I went to the hairdressers with him and he told the hairdresser to ask me what I wanted and so I told the hairdresser what need to be done and he liked his hair after it. :) It looked a lot tidier!

My current boyfriend has tidy hair and a great fashion sense so I don't need to make any adjustments. :D

If a guy doesn't want to change his hairstyle or fashion sense though, I won't force him. Both my ex's allowed me to have a choice on what they did with their hair or fashion. :)

What Girls Said 6

• Yeah I do. But then I get stuck on how I could even get him to do that cause then I'd be trying to change him and insulting him at the same time..

• I would discretely tell a boyfriend or guy friend by getting him to try different clothes / suggest different hairstyles in a nice upbeat way... not in a negative "you need to change" type way

We ladies always see potential because we value personality biologically, and adding looks is a bonus

• Yeah like I'll think to myself "He could be a total hottie if he cut his hair, or got contacts or braces. I won't go out and tell him "You have bad style" or "Get a hair cut", but if he asks I'll politely give him advice without straight up telling him he looks bad.

• yeah I do think like that sometimes. Like I would say he would look so cute if he got a hair cut or something but I don't do that to much beaus know one is perfect.

• Most of us can. In fact, there's a saying in latin America that goes something like: "there's no such thing as ugly, just badly fixed." I like to think everyone has potential to look a little better.

As for telling a guy, there's a fine line between being helpful and being mean, so it depends on if the guy's a close friend and also if he asked for advice.

• Yep. Just the other day I was like " that guy would be nice looking if he just shaved his beard".

• If he asked I would tell him but I wouldn't say anything randomly

What Guys Said 1

• Dude, of course. Women are as visual as we are. It's only natural they are going to look at a guy from head to toe and critique him. I am a guy and can guarantee they do think those things.