Girls, what's your opinion on wearing makeup? If you don't wear it, why do you choose not to?

If you don't wear make up, why do you choose not to?

Most Helpful Girl

• I rarely wear make up. It can look nice on other people. Like my aunt and hairdresser. They have it looking naturally, it enhances their eyes.

I would like to. Learn some new ways, making something work for me.

I choose not to because I don't have much experience. I feel like I don't know enough to do a good job. And it just feels so foreign on my face. I'm used to myself without make up. Also, some make up feels icky like foundation.

I choose not to because I feel comfortable with the way I am. I prefer looking natural. We all know what we look like so I don't want to hide it. Flaws and all.

• My sisters look up makeup tips on YouTube if you're interested

What Guys Said 2

• Sorry for interruption but I want to say something

I had a girl as a friend in my class and I used to see her with a makeup for a complete one year.

Once , In the exam day , I saw her without make up

OMG! sorry but she was like a ghost

from this day I hate the intensive makeup . Natural face is better .

• Natural face is better but you were negatively shocked by your friend's face without makeup? That's why one reason why some girls wear intensive makeup, because they look that way without it. If you had never seen her without makeup, she'd always have looked fine to you

• I meant by ghost that she wasn't ugly but her face was totally white and totally different comparing with HD colors which she used to put on her face^_^. but she already has a white beautiful face

• I got that your Question was addressed to females..but would you mind saying what YOU wear and why?

What Girls Said 17

• I wear a foundation/powder, eye shadow, eye liner, mascara, lipstick with gloss over it most days.some days I don't bother to do anything but mascara and lipstick. I like the glam polished look you get from makeup and I really don't care for people who have negative things about me wearing it either. I do what I choose with my face, you can do what you choose with yours

• I only wear it when I feel like it. Most of the time, it's just too annoying worrying about it staying on perfectly and it feels kinda weird on.

• I love makeup, I love wearing it and I love applying it on others.

My opinion is that everyone, no matter how perfect they may be, will look better with correctly applied makeup. That is why I simply can't understand why some girls refuse to wear makeup altogether. When they say they would feel fake or look completely different with it, I think they are severely overrating their makeup skills... It takes a talented makeup artist to transform one's features.

• I'd have to agree. I think that everyone looks better with makeup, provided that it's done well.

• I love makeup.

Everyone tells me to stop wearing it...but I like to use it..it fascinates me what it can do to my bland appearance.

I wear it most of the time but sometimes just lipliner. I don't always have time to be artistic.

• yeah..well I am willing to believe that you are sharp enough not to be cakeface..not like my wife never wears some blush...if I am negative (I am) it is almost always the cheek stuff...and there are a few on GAG that are very good at applying it..is just that I think that non-cheek frequently enhances and cheek stuff frequently does not enhance..if on a personal level..would like to get through to my lover..er..or her skin?

• When I have time to put on makeup, I wear mascara, lip gloss, and blush, and I curl my lashes. It's just enough to make me look fresh and pretty without looking trashy or cheap. I think makeup is absolutely fine, but you need to be subtle. People shouldn't be able to look at you and know you're wearing it.

• I am better at spotting makeup than most females want to believe..but I have always been fine with mascara..should probably wear it myself..lol..my wife also wears eyebrow pencil..looks good..on special occasions she also wears pink lipstick and, yes, some blush..really just don't like the cheek stuff..that includes blush but why b*tch if she only wears it for special occasions..foundation and bronzer are what I hate the most..(:(:(:

• Ugh, foundation and bronzer... I never use either. The easiest way to clog your pores, and it doesn't make you look any more attractive. Blush is nice because I have a round face and it contours my cheeks well. Plus, it makes me look more awake in the morning, haha.

• I think less is more by that I mean simple make up looks best like just mascara a little eye liner and that's it

• I concur with this girl. Imo most girls only need something for the lips and eyes, especially eye shadow. I find it hot. :)

• I like makeup. Its fun to experiment with what colors look good and what colors dont.

But some girls go crazy and pack on the makeup. It look ridiculous. Just keep it simple.

I wear foundation, lipgloss, I color in my eyebrows to make them look fuller and more defined, I apply liquid eyeliner and make the cat-eye with it. And I put on mascara.

• i always have to wear make-up in the morning for school. it doesn't matter if I am only going to classes, it doesn't matter if I am the only girl in the entire damn class wearing makeup- I have been accustomed to wearing it, and I just feel really bare and icky w/o it, it would be a disservice to humanity if I went outside, bare-faced.

• apparently my father has a huge problem with me being "made up" for classes.

• I don't really like makeup..at least not lots of it..."disservice to humanity"? Well I will watch some more of your answers..but I am puzzled as I don't dislike you as a person (albeit granted on paper)..not sure though if we have agreed about anything yet..o.O

• I hate wearing mineral powder. I hate it because it feel gross, it sometimes looks gross, and I just want my skin to breathe. Sadly, I have many acne scars and redness from past years of acne, and so I wear it. Eyeshadow, Eyeliner, mascara, and lipstick/gloss I am OK with, but I just prefer no makeup.

• I never wear any. Waste of money.

• I don't wear it. Its to much of a hassle to put on and take off. Plus, its just wasting time. I believe women who wear makeup, truly feel ugly on the outside. Hence, they don't see or believe that they are beautiful on the outside. so, makeup just covers up the so called "not pretty" face or whatever word you want to use.

• I wear it almost every day, but it's not like a full-on mask. Just some tinted moisturizer and eyeliner. I feel refreshed, like I'm putting my best face forward and starting the day off well.

• I don't really wear it because I don't like the way it feels, I only use eyeliner sometimes and some cover up if needed. I feel I look fine without it and I don't want to get used to wearing makeup and then one day take it off and feel ugly in my own skin.

• I like make up. - I just stick to mascara now. Sometimes, eyeliner.

I stop wearing layers of foundation because I wanted my skin to get better. (Which it did.)

And it saved me a lot of time in the morning and at night.

• ^YES! Stop that cheek crap! Yes..my opinion..but you definitely on the right track..<3<3<3=D

• I concur T.C...eyes and lips is all that most girls ever need. :)

• I think wearing makeup is nice as long as it's not too much... then it would look hilarious.

Makeup is important to make a good impression on others. It also expresses your personality in a way. However, I don't wear makeup to school because wearing makeup for too long can damage your skin... that's why some girls look bad without makeup. I wear makeup only on special occasions :D

• I used to be all "god I look like sh*t I need more makeup" and would spend time putting on powered and all that crap...

Now that I'm older and more comfortable and confident in my own skin, I don't wear that much. A little mascara, maybe some eye liner or bronzer, and that's about it.

• I like it. I think it enhances my features well. I don't like to wear a lot of makeup everyday though. Eyerliner, foundation, and mascara are all I use. I think the more you wear on a daily basis, the scarier you look when you take it off. Heavy makeup should be saved for special occasions.