Hot girls, does being hot come at a price?

Are there any disadvantages for you being hot? Do you ever wish you weren't so hot?

Thanks for your input. It's very interesting and helpful to know what it's like for a hot girl.

Most Helpful Girl

• I've had so many people that get the wrong impression and judge me as snobby. It's annoying because a lot of people don't want to get to know me for who I am. I'm glad I have friends that see through that, though. It probably doesn't help that I can be shy/reserved at times either because that can also be perceived as being stuck up. Plus I feel super self conscious because I'm gawked at a lot of the time, too. This one chick from my class acted like she hated me for no reason because I wasn't super talkative (I probably looked stuck up because of shyness). Also, some people perceive that you are a social butterfly because of looks. Once I was giving a presentation with my friend and this girl had a really pissed off face and was staring me down for the whole thing. She would also roll her eyes at me for no reason. I was a bit unnerved by that. Some guys just want to hook up too instead of being friends or assume that you're b*tchy. I just want people to like me for me and not how I look.

What Girls Said 16

• Well...I don't really consider myself to "hot" or anything (I'm not looking for soneone to say otherwise here).

Buut sometimes I really don't want the attention that I get, sometimes people just really don't leave you alone, even if you make it clear your not interested...

That can be really tiring and emotionally draining.

• Do not go to italy...it was so stressful to deal with. I looked at the ground most of the time, because looking in the direction of any Italian man would give him the idea to stare or tease you. It was so stressful. I always made sure I was covered, not wearing too short of shorts and not really exposing much shoulders. It was ALL over italy!

• lol dear, I'm actually from Italy, I live in the Uk right now which is why my location is set to there, but I'm actually Italian xD

• Not really. Why would it be a disadvantage. Hot people aren't that concerned with what others think of them because most people like them since they're hot. I don't see how it could deter me from anything... maybe I intimidate people more but that's not my problem haha.

• I attract a lot of superficial, skanky guys with a very appealing surface and a not so appealing core :(

• True indeed.

• I think it's because they are so used to using their looks and reputation to get far and be successful that they neglect maintaining the more important aspects of self like morals and having your mind right.

• Thanks for your insight. You seem to be a very good person.

• Yeah people think an attractive girl is included but not limited to the following: stuck up/snobby, slutty, hard to make friends, we get more haters no matter how nice you are, attracting gross dudes, people don't usually think we can be smart(stigmas and stereotypes), hard to get a boyfriend that you may actually want/like, sometimes people kind of stalk. Do I wish I wasn't? I never really thought I was but other people do(Especially if they know my age). But I know I still have some flaws so I don't really think it matters.

• No, I wish I was hot.

Being hot has more advantages than its' disadvantages.

• DISCLAIMER: The following answer is based on my observations.

I have a friend named Louisa. Louisa may as well be a Greek Goddess. Most beautiful girl I have ever seen, and the most insecure. You'd never know it if you weren't besties, but it's definitely there.

Guys talk about her like she's a piece of meat (they don't care that she has a 94% average). She's just this beautiful face and body that is some lofty ideal for them to strive for. She has never had a boyfriend. She goes on lots of dates (she'll give anyone a chance), but it's usually obvious after the first date that what they want is not her brains and great personality.

She's sad, like all the time. She went to prom with a friend because guys were too afraid to ask her to prom, assuming she'd be going with some male model, someone as beautiful as herself.

It's horrible.

• Being talked to as if you were stupid before you open your mouth, having nasty cat calls while walking, people who even try things if you go out like grab body parts and don't want to take no for an answer. But to be fair I wouldn't label myself as hot, maybe only cute. Couldn't imaging what would happen to a hot girl.

• Well I don't see myself as hot So no I wouldn't say there are disadvantages in my life at all

• I have a friend who is gorgeous and sometimes I feel bad for her, guys only see how pretty she is, they could seriously care less what she's thinking, its like they want her to be seen and not heard and girls are even worse, they treat her like sh*t, they try to pick out flaws to make her feel bad herself, they spread horrible rumors about her being a slut and a boyfriend stealer... sometimes its really not worth it.

• No and no

• i wouldn't know. lol

• Duck face makes us look even more stupid than we already are

• Not really, no. I'm a nice person and my good friends know that. Guys hit on me with the sole intention of sleeping with me, but that's not too upsetting - I wouldn't want to date a guy like that anyway.

• I think people perceive you to be something you're not i.e.stuck up, snobby etc. I get loads of girls/guys out and about looking/staring at me, which is very awkward and kinda bizarre.

You do get guys thinking you're dumb/stupid because you look attractive (god forbid a hot girl can be smart too!)

You also never get the genuine, down to earth guy ask you out because they think you're taken, which does suck tbh! Or maybe they don't think you'd date them, which is not true at all.

I do think people guys/girls generalise attractive girls into a box which they aren't at all. Stereotyping is not good!

• i can tell this girl isn't a hot girl

• Oh please you're just mad you're rejected left right and centre don't get mad you're only hurting yourself not me.

• The only price was the cost of surgery

• I'm glad some people can find the humor in this lol

• Right? I know so many girls with boob jobs who see how the attention changes, and they don't respect it. People view them differently, and the fact that the view changes in the first place is discouraging. Men looking and women judging

• yes there are downsides. For one, you get sleazy guys who want to get laid or find ways to feel you up any way they can. You also get jealous girls who can't see their own beauty so they have to gnash at yours. Jealous guys who want to show you that your beauty doesn't affect him and the world is a cruel harsh place where your looks will get you no where, silly stuck up wench! (insert diabolical laugh). People who immediately think you're an awesome person for no other reason than your looks. people who stare. and stare. and stare. people who are shocked you are not perfect. never wished I were less attractive. But I have wished people saw everyone as just people regardless of looks.

• Thanks for your insight. I see hot girls as people.

• The thing about the jealous guy/girl is very true and so is awesome person part! Jeez get to know me first! I know it's not a bad thing that people automatically think that of you but I find it artificial because they have already judged you by your looks.

What Guys Said 3

• Probably all the guys like us that look at her as a sex object.

• If a guy will initially view you as a sex object on sight before seeing what type of female yo are, then that says something about HIM. He's a pig. Most guys don't treat you like a sex object unless you present yourself as one. Guys who view attractive females as sex objects are just disgusting pigs who don't deserve true love from a woman until they grow out of that f***ery.

• If I see a very attractive girl I will make more of an effort to try to aknowledge them. But if they blow me off too chase an affliction wearing douche that I know is trash. I won't feel sorry for her if he gets her pregnant and leaves her or he treats her like a dog. Girls should really know a bad guy when they see them, most girls just see abs and are automatically blind to everything else. Thank god for the humble girls around my town!

• Too many guys attracted to you, boo hoo.